Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage 1950s Omega cal. 355 Bumper Automatic Calendar w/ TÜRLER Dial—SERVICED

1. tomvox1 Nov 20, 2013

SMCalendarTurler-lng_edited-1.JPG
    SMCalendarTurler-12_edited-1.jpg
    Up for sale is this lovely Omega Seamaster Calendar with date at "6" and gorgeous original double-signed Türler dial. This watch was a special project of mine: I originally bought it in a gold-capped ref. 2757 press-in case with fairly heavy wear. Not being an aficionado of gold plated watches but loving this dial, I was able to source a first generation and unpolished ref. 2627 all-steel screwback case (as well as correct steel crown) to make it arguably the best looking Calendar going. Of course, included in the sale will be the original case as pictured so that you always have the option to return it to the way it was "born"... but I doubt you will. ;)

Türler is somewhat like the Tiffany's or Wempe of Switzerland, with a 130-year heritage selling watches and jewelry in the heart of Zürich. On rare occasions, you can find high quality vintage watches with their name co-branded on the dial. When you do, you've found something extra special!

This Calendar is in overall Excellent+ vintage condition and features an in-house Omega caliber 355 bumper autowind movement with central seconds that has just been completely overhauled by my NYC Master Watchmaker. So it is ready for many more years of faithful service to its new owner and will come with a 6-month movement warranty for all normal non-abusive use.

The asking price for this gorgeous and fully serviced custom Omega Calendar with extra case & crown is now ON SALE for XMAS for a mere $1,050 USD OBRO. This price includes fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire is always appreciated but Paypal is OK on this watch with split fees (+2 to the buyer%).Other payment options upon application.Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.Payment must be made in US DOLLARS.

SMCalendarTurler-10_edited-1.jpg SMCalendarTurler-5_edited-1.jpg SMCalendarTurler-6_edited-1.jpg SMCalendarTurler-2_edited-1.jpg SMCalendarTurler-bk_edited-1.JPG SMCalendarTurler-move_edited-1.JPG SMCalendarTurler-innrbk_edited-1.JPG SMCalendarTurler-crwn_edited-1.JPG SMCalendarTurler-sd_edited-1.JPG SMCalendarTurler-case_edited-1.JPG SMCalendarTurler-11_edited-1.jpg

CASE & BACK: Classic and beautifully proportioned gent's dress size, 35mm wide (not including crown) by 44mm long all-stainless steel 3-piece case with horned lugs, wide press-on bezel and screwed back.This case shows mild use but NO polish, with sharp chamfers. There are some very minor scuffs & scratches but the case and bezel are easily in Excellent+ vintage condition.The screw-in caseback is in Very Good to Excellent unpolished condition with some small scratches/marks.The inner case and back lip show no corrosion and all correct Omega nomenclature of the period are present inside the caseback, including the first generation Calendar reference # 2627-1.

DIAL & HANDS: Lovely Near Mint satin butter cream dial with applied gold arrow and quarter-Arabics markers and framed date window at "6". All the original factory printing is crisp and legible including the rare store-added Türler. All original luminous dots are intact with lovely patina. Alpha-style gold hour and minute hands were suffering from loss of original luminous fill and so my watchmaker touched them up sympathetically, Near Mint restored condition, as is the sweep seconds. This is about as nice an original Calendar dial as there is with great vintage charm, and the added Türler name makes it that much more special.

MOVEMENT: Beautiful copper colored Omega cal. 355 17-jewel partial-rotor automatic movement with characteristic "Bumper' sound and shock protection. The 13 million movement serial number dates to circa 1952 according to Omega's tables, making it a very early production Calendar movement. Therefore, being Omega's first date movement, it is true slow set, meaning one has to set the date with a full 24-hour rotation of the hands. It can, however, be set backwards as well as forwards. It was recently fully overhauled by my Master Watchmaker after years of neglect, including replacement of jewels, case screws and mainspring. Therefore it is keeping very good time with strong power reserve and is guaranteed for 6-months of normal, non-abusive use and is good to go for many more years of daily wear, saving you hundreds of dollars.

CROWN: Early and correct signed water resistant push-in notched steel crown with very little wear, Near Mint condition. The crown pushes in tightly to the case, winds the movement and pulls out to the non-hack time setting position exactly as it should.

CRYSTAL: Low dome acrylic crystal has no Omega logo but came with the case and fits perfectly down to the bezel--perhaps just an early iteration without logo. It is very clean and clear, showing no cracks or chips but only minor marks, Excellent to Near Mint condition.

BAND: This great Omega comes on a new blue genuine lizard strap in Near Mint condition. This watch takes 18mm straps.

EXTRAS: As sated above, this great Calendar comes with its original and complete gold-capped/steel back ref. 2757-2 case. The cap does not show much if any polish but there are dents to the lugs and some nicks to them as well as the bezel, Good to Very Good condition. The original steel back is Excellent with only minor marks and legible nomenclature inside and out and no corrosion. Original gold-plated notched crown shows some loss of plating to the edges and a nick and so is Good.

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This classic vintage Omega Calendar is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

SMCalendarTurler-7_edited-1.jpg
  2. tomvox1 Nov 26, 2013

Bump & REDUCED to $1275 OBRO.
    Best,
    T.

3. tomvox1 Dec 1, 2013

Bump & now further REDUCED to $1200 USD OBRO.
    Best,
    T.

4. tomvox1 Dec 8, 2013

Price now DROPPED to $1125 USD OBRO.
    Best,
    T.

5. tomvox1 Dec 16, 2013

Bump the Bumper

6. tomvox1 Dec 17, 2013

XMAS Sale! $1050 OBRO!
    Best,
    T.