Forums Latest Members
  1. Yunsung Jul 9, 2014

SOLD

I would confidently say that you will find it very hard to locate a better conditioned 1171. The vintage 1171 has not been available to buy for a while now. If you do some research you will know that the newer 1171/1 are of lower quality (push pin links rather than screws for example)

It is in perfect condition, no stretch and I have removed one of the folded links to fit for a smaller (6.75 inch) wrist. If you know about the vintage style 1171, you will know that the bracelet tapers to 14mm at the clasp rather than 16mm of the 1171/1. As a result of this taper, it would not fit a smaller wrist size due to the clasp only being 14mm reducing the amount of micro adjustment holes you could take it in by so I has Duncan remove one of the permanent links. Anyway it will come with all of the links to make it a full size bracelet and the process is totally reversible. Currently using the micro adjustment it would fit up to a 7 inch wrist and then there are an additional 2 screwed links that can easily be added.

Since then it has had a gentle refurbish by Duncan when I sent him my Speedmaster and it's been unused since. It didn't need refinishing in the first place but the work was included with refinishing the case so I thought why not. Basically he made a very good condition bracelet look like new. It comes with the newer 633 end links and not the vintage ones.

It is not being worn as I am a leather man and I would only want to part with it for £250 including RMSD. The price is firm and if it does not sell for this it will just stay in the case for whenever I decide to pass the Speedmaster on - which is highly unlikely. :glee: I have feedback on WUS and other UK based forums under the same username.

Thanks

I will upload better photos tomorrow. The photos below are ones I took before it went to Duncan. I can assure you, the bracelet has not even been mounted since the refinish from Duncan at Genesis. (watches not included and the end links on the SMP are different end links)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]