Forums Latest Members
  1. Hotwheelbill Mar 23, 2014

When it comes to collecting, I am all over the board. I buy what I like.
    What would you put a value of on these two clocks?
    omega clock.jpg omega clock2.jpg

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 23, 2014

I just bought similar one in Shenzen via my friend for USD 110 a piece. I bought a Speedmaster Pro and Rolex Daytona spider dial (for my brother)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

That's just the thing, OMEGA doesn't make them, they're just generic mass produced pieces with omega written on them mostly.

DLT222 likes this.
  4. Hotwheelbill Mar 23, 2014

True, I did not mean as an Omega watch but as Omega watch advertisement.

5. Hotwheelbill Mar 23, 2014

I was thinking the Snoopy would bring more than the Bond.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

Yea I know what you're saying its just that the question popping into my mind is how many of these we're made under license for omega and how many where just made by some bloke in China to flog on eBay

DLT222 likes this.
  7. Hotwheelbill Mar 23, 2014

Yeah......but they look cool.

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

Have we just discovered the wall clock version of "ooh shiny" ?

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 23, 2014

Ahh... you are right, the ones that I bought, do not have Omega brand printed. So this one is the 'official' advertisment watch. The value should be higher than my completely knock off 'homage' clock.

10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

These i see regular on the bay, and every time i see one i think of all the mugs that think these are real. Some i have seen in excess of $600 which is mind blowing considering there is one up a week of the same model and they are supposed to be rare.

I saw a Daytona one was horrific

11. Lode_Runner Mar 23, 2014

There is some guy in Canada who rotates between a number of different accounts to post these. They are fake and most of them have a face that looks like it was printed from an $85 bubble jet printer. Lots of shill bidding, a lot of them get mysteriously relisted after someone "wins" them for 500+ dollars. A lot of Omega ones because unlike Rolex, Omega doesn't crack down on fakes on the Evil Bay.

Here is an example one already shilled up to $420 with more than a day left.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151256066755&globalID=EBAY-USPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

12. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

yep I've seen that guy - joker!

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 23, 2014

14. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

Thats the tread i started!

15. Hotwheelbill Mar 23, 2014

Yeah, I saw the ebay (private bidder) bit after my post. Worth asking before spent money.

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 23, 2014

Yeah, I know. Why do you think I dropped it in right after your post :D

17. lisandrodarica Mar 24, 2014

I think it's particular one & people the most authorized to give price offers are the collectors, in my opinion in any case, that overtakes 200 dollars

18. Lode_Runner Mar 28, 2014

I hate to admit it, but before I started following these forums, I actually bought one of those clocks. The fraud is very good, including the fake but official-looking watermarked "Omega" and "Not for Resale" stickers on the back. This joker frequently has Omega, Chopard, Panerai, and IWC "dealer showroom clocks" listed for sale. They look nice in the photos, but the quality is crap. With the one that I had the misfortune of buying, the "face" (basically a laminated sticker) started peeling off within a month after delivery.

This joker is actually pretty easy to spot. Here are a few of them currently listed on eBay, all posted by the same seller but under different fake accounts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SPEED...978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2337d9579aPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IWC-BIG-PIL...358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27e0e55c86Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUMINOR-PAN...498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a39d4fe62Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

You'll see a lot of similarities in these listings indicating that it's the same guy, notwithstanding the different seller accounts. The "description" is word-for-word identical between the listings. There are several other telltale signs: (1) the auction will be set to obscure all bidder identities (to make it harder to spot his shilling); (2) it is shipped through "Canada Post Xpresspost," (3) the seller has a feedback rating under 40 because he rotates through multiple accounts; (4) the price will approach $400 by the time there's a day left.

The guy seems to be a total fraudster. I've been on eBay since 2001, but within two weeks of buying the clock, I started for the first time ever getting e-mails offering fraudulent "eBay Second Chance Offers" asking me to wire money directly to an Isle of Mann bank account (he got my e-mail in connection with the sale). Lame.

Privateday7 likes this.