Forums Latest Members
  1. LeDave Aug 28, 2014

Are you guys using a Mac monitor or other? Because Apple products tend to have much more saturation than other branded laptops using Linux or Windows. I just saw a photograph of my SMPc that I spent a lot of time on Photoshop on a Mac laptop and it looks terrible, very dark and higher contrast. I edited my SMPc photograph off viewing a Samsung laptop and it looked perfect.

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 29, 2014

That sounds more like a display or color profile issue, not Mac vs Windows. You can change and/or calibrate color profiles for any monitor on any platform. Might be something to look in to if photos aren't displaying consistently enough across them.

Interstatetime and LeDave like this.
  3. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 29, 2014

Agree with Trev. Color and saturation are not operating system dependent. Monitor calibration and color space /color profile could be set
    differently on the two machines.

LeDave likes this.
  4. LeDave Aug 29, 2014

Thanks a bunch guys. I just calibrated my laptop screen, had absolutely no idea how bad the color, contrast, and brightness was that off. It's more accurate now.

tpatta likes this.
  5. LeDave Aug 29, 2014

After the calibration, my laptop monitor now shows pictures at the same contrast, color, and brightness as my iPhone 5s. Perfect! now I was able to re-edit my SMPc photo and master it.

[​IMG]

repoman, Trev and Tritium like this.
  6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 29, 2014

Excellent.

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Aug 29, 2014

Also, the color accuracy of Macbook Pros and other models is generally somewhat better out of the box (compared to laptops from Dell, Acer, etc). Other brands tend to have very washed out looking cheap LCD panels, unless you specifically buy one of the highest-end models known for having something decent. Most consumers don't care what their LCD panel is like, so there's some really rough stuff which deteriorates even at slight viewing angles.