Forums Latest Members
  1. dinobaggio Mar 7, 2014

Hi guys, I'm new to UG can anyone tell me what they think to this-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390790558166Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I am into my Breitlings and Omegas but have just discovered the polerouter which has led me to look further into UG- which hadn't helped my watch fascination- love the Space Compax!

2. ELV web Mar 8, 2014

There are plenty of experts here, they can sure give you a hint. IMHO, it is not a tri-compax but rather a compax as stated on the dial. The dial looks dirty but seems original, the size at 32.5mm is a bit small though. But don't believe me for this, I kind of missed the mark for my first and second UG purchases :p

3. JohnSteed Mar 8, 2014

Seems hands and the sub-dials may have had work done on them. Don't like that the ink there is heavier than that of the tachy on the outer ring. So looks to me like a bad redial. I'd walk away based on the dial alone, but that's just my humble, non-expert opinion

Wait for experts to look at the internals, serial #s etc

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 8, 2014

Not a matter of opinion - it's not a Tri-compax. Dino, the "tri" in "tri-compax" refers to the number of complications, not the number of subdials as many people think. Therefore a simple chronograph (one complication) is a Compax. A watch that has a chronograph, full calendar, and a moonphase has three complications, so it is a Tri-Compax, and as a matter of fact has four subdials. It looks like this:

1202892213.jpg

As for the watch you are asking about, it is very small - smaller than any polerouter, which come in around 35mm. The hands have been relumed and the dial is in poor shape, but I think original.

HeuerLoon and JohnSteed like this.
  5. dinobaggio Mar 8, 2014

Thanks guys the info is greatly appreciated, LouS, that info is brilliant. Cheers