Forums Latest Members

Universal Tri-Compax workshop reports with many detailed pictures

1. Feinuhren Jul 1, 2014

Dear members,

I am new to this forum and want to intodruce myself.
    I am based in Germany and I indeed love Universal Tri-Compax chronographs for more than 25 years and I am still fascinated.
    To bring these nice watches a litte bit nearer to the collectors, I decided to publish some detailed workshop reports of the Universal Tri-Compax. Here you can see many detailed pictures of the inside of the movement and can have a look at some videos.
    Thes watches are beautiful not only from the outside, but also from the inside!
    As I am german, the reports are written in german. I apologize for that. But I guess the many detailed pictures an videos are worth a look.
    I hope you like it! :)

You will find the detailed workshop reports here:

http://www.feinuhren-harffen.de

With best regards,
    and have a nice week
    Oliver

ELV web and citizenrich like this.
  2. woodwkr2 Jul 1, 2014

Welcome to the forum, Oliver. Many thanks for sharing your photos and 'reports' on these complicated Universal pieces. It is rare to find a watchmaker who goes to extraordinary lengths to refinish and polish movement parts that the end user will likely never see--bravo!

3. Feinuhren Jul 1, 2014

Thank you woodwkr2 for the warm welcome at the forum.
    It was my pleasure!
    It´s vital to me to treat these fine timepeaces with fully respect. So I invest the time, that is necessary to bring the movement back to a properly working condition. With these reports I hope the proud tri-compax owners can enjoy their watches much more and can maybe understand a little bit better why it takes so much time and endurance having these complicated movements repaired properly.