Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve Watches On Ebay

1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jun 23, 2014

Also, if you take the time to read Wayne's post, you will see no one called your dial - or anything you posted - a piece of crap. Wayne was addressing a general phenomenon.

2. Waynepjr Jun 23, 2014

Let us look close at your statement and my comment. You say this dial is very damaged and I would love you to show me the damage. My comment was to say I felt it was fine and to leave it be. Only change it you felt the need. That's it.
    Your last line say it all, you are walking in with some chip on you shoulder already about a macho watch collector world. That chip should have been checked at the door. You asked for opinions and you went on the attack.

Wayne

3. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

To spikispiester, Lous and the rest, I don't understand all this polemic and not really interrested in.
    I was just willing to deal find some help and exchange with universal fans, now if you got an issue with that, I am sorry.
    Very best regards to you all.

Isa

4. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Unfortunately, nobody gave me an answer for the dial I am looking for, just sterile polemic.
    That wasn't my goal, again, does anyone know where I can find a dial or a re-dialer able to do the one I am looking for ?
    Very best regards to my savior.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2014

I can tell from the sentence above that you are not a native English speaker and that perhaps you don't understand the context of the comments being made here. However, I still don't see the need for your sarcasm and dismissal of the advice.

We cannot tell which pictures are of your particular watch or of other watches that are similar to your watch. The dials being shown in the storage case look great. No one is calling them "crap". However, many dials that are purported to be "original" on eBay are either fake or very poor redials.

If you are having that much of a problem with the various American, British, Canadian and Australian dialects of English being written on this forum, you might get a better result on a forum conducted in your native language.

Sorry we couldn't have been of more help to you.
    gatorcpa

6. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Hello Gatorcpa,

Indeed, I'm not native english , I'm french as stated in my profile, but I really do understand english, I'm quite fluent and I really did understand the comments.
    I honestly don't think that I've been rude, maybe innocent and no accustomed to the impersonal and "anonymous" free speak comments.
    I've just shown the dial that I'm looking for (Tri-Compax cal. 281 from the 50', large picture) and the one that I am offering (Tri-Compax from the 40', cal 481), I just hope that someone can help me finding it.
    Very best regards.

Isa

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2014

I would love to be able to help you. Are you are looking to trade an original UG Compax dial:

[​IMG]

...in exchange for a different dial to fit your particular watch. Like this one:

[​IMG]

I think you will have a very hard time with that request, simply because original dials are so rare.

As for recommending a redial company, I really don't think that there are any that will be able to do the work correctly. A watch with a poor original dial is always worth far more than one with a poor redial.

I went back and read your previous posts, and it was quite difficult to understand your request. I hope I got it right.
    gatorcpa

8. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Gatortpa,

To end with, I've shown the comments on Universal Genève to my great uncle (who got his hands in Universal watches for 50 years) and he had a big laugh and a sorry smile on his face, he told me that 30 % of the comments where false... He made me love "Universal Genève"for most part because it was the "gentlmen's watch, la montre du couturier de la montre, "la montre des artistes"", and so on...".
    Now I tought that a forum was made to enlight people, not to be ruled by "maximum post members" who can say everything without moderation, and then complain as litlle childrens when someone contradicted them.
    Besides, I don't think that everybody knows the "American, british, canadian and australian" dialects, maybe in Oxford university ?
    And to advise me to go elsewhere... is really rude, maybe not in words but in it's meaning.
    Very best regards.

Isa

9. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Hello Gatorpa,

Thanks for your last message, I didn't read it.

Isa

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2014

Well, it wasn't meant that way. You obviously were not able to make your point clear to the other members.

When I tried to help as best I can, you slapped me in the face.

An apology would be nice.
    gatorcpa

11. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jun 23, 2014

What kind of comments is he deeming false, I'd like to know. Many of us on this forum are Universal Geneve fanboys, for sure. In that regard, you can find no better forum.

12. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Wasn't my last message an"apology" ?

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2014

There a word in English, "sorry". It expresses remorse.

Or you could at least delete your comments directed at me while I was trying to help. They were quite rude and insulting.

I'm done with you now.
    gatorcpa

14. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Wow !

15. Isabelle Jun 23, 2014

Ok, I'm sorry Gatorcpa (but only to you).

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 23, 2014

::popcorn::

17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2014

Nothing more to see here.

Time to move on,
    gatorcpa

18. Utterlyprep Jun 25, 2014

19. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jun 25, 2014

20. Utterlyprep Jun 26, 2014

Thanks!! And indeed the dial may be somewhat moldy, but I find myself strangeley endeared to it.