Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Universal Gèneve – Polerouter Electric 1963 Caliber 60– New Condition – Once in a lifetime chance!

1. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 14, 2014

From my private collection is a like new condition UG Polerouter Electric from 1963.

It has perhaps been gently worn at some time, but does not show noticeable wear. It comes with the original buckle and strap! The original strap has dried out, and a modern strap (unsigned) is also included.
    I have had correspondence with the friendly staff at UG in Switzerland related to this watch, and they confirm the model as having low production numbers. A copy of these e-mails together with an extract of the UG Anniversary book which describes this model (.PDF scan provided by UG) will be included to the buyer.
    I really have had no intention but to keep this one in my collection, but I can not make me wear it in freight of inflicting any damage to it, and I have decided to sell watches that do not get wrist time in order to reduce the collection ever so slightly.

image003.jpg

Case: Very close to new condition with only very limited signs of previous use. Razor sharp lugs and edges. Original finish. Stainless steel 34x43mm without crown (36.5mm including crown).

Caseback: Screwdown back. Marked with reference/serial numbers 219301-1/2334884.

Movement: UG Caliber 60 derived from LIP 148, but in UG version with added jewels and finishing. Running on regular modern battery cells. This is not a Quartz movement. Please read up on http://www.electric-watches.co.uk/type/fixed_coil/fixed_coil.php for some info. I may also send (on request) the pages received from UG with details on the UG60 version.
    I have no service history on this, and a service is recommended if one intends to use the watch on a regular basis. Paul @ http://www.electric-watches.co.uk/ will perform a service at reasonable money and to the highest standards.
    The watch has been stored without a battery fitted, and the new owner can decide if I shall ship with our without battery mounted.

Dial: Spotless original silver brushed dial (divided into 4 sections with different brush patterns).

Hands: Original (unrestored).

Crystal: Excellent condition.

Crown: Original and signed.

Strap: Black leather strap (original that came with the watch) is included. This is not usable as it has dried out. An unsigned brown strap also follows. The original
    buckle (in pristine condition) has been mounted on the new strap.

image001.jpg image002.jpg
    image005.jpg image006.jpg image008.jpg image009.jpg image010.jpg image011.jpg image012.jpg image013.jpg image014.jpg image015.jpg
    Price: It is very hard to determine a correct price for such a rarity. However there is one more like it for sale on Chrono24 at EUR1500 which is not in anywhere close to the condition of my watch. My price for this beauty is EUR1250 + shipment at cost. Offers will be considered.
    New Price: EUR950 shipped and PayPaled. It now also comes with UG Box included!

Shipment: The watch and I are located in Norway. I will be helpful to assist in keeping import taxes at reasonable levels. Shipments may also be arranged from within the European Union (will normally be possible about once every 14-days). Only tracked shipments accepted from my side.

image004.jpg
  2. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 14, 2014

Some additional "factory information" for those in interest:
    UG Intro.jpg
    ExplodedView.jpg

3. dantaspaulo Jan 14, 2014

Those lugs. ::love::

Northernman likes this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 14, 2014

Dat case

477.jpg

Northernman likes this.
  5. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 17, 2014

If anyone is interested in a deal including a fresh service and shipping please PM me. Otherwise this one will go on sale elsewhere..

6. Northernman Lemaniac Feb 7, 2014

New forum price EUR950 including shippment and PayPal fees. UG box also included in sale. You get:
    • A Unique, and last in line, of the classical Polerouters in close to new condition. Maybe also the most seldom seen of all Polerouter models?
    • The original strap.
    • The original buckle
    • An original UG box.
    (And a full movement service may be arranged as part of a deal!)

7. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 7, 2014

Bump with teaser... All of this could be yours (and the original strap)!! ;) Make me an offer and we will see!

IMG_2983.JPG

Severin likes this.
  8. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 28, 2014

Bump me up! Always open for reasonable offers or trades!
    Your Polerouter collection is not complete without one of these:p ! When UG lists their greatest feats in chronology see what they choose:
    Clipboard01.jpg

9. Northernman Lemaniac Apr 23, 2014

Last bump before this goes back into hibernation! EUR900 all inclusive!:(

10. Northernman Lemaniac May 2, 2014

Withdrawn from sales. Back in the safety deposit box with this one in wait of better days to come!
    :(