Forums Latest Members
  1. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jan 21, 2015

Before I begin bragging ::psy:: about my new watch, a quick, overdue intro. I'm Jordan, a professional cellist out of NYC, and while I've been a collector of all things vintage Longines, Omega, Heuer, and IWC, Universal Geneve is quickly becoming my favorite! Thanks to all members of Omega Forums, but thanks especially to the staff for creating a place that all of us can to geek out in. I've learned more in the past few months I've been a part of OF than all of the previous years of collecting combined.

This particular watch is one of best examples of the early Tri-Compaxes I've ever seen. The dial,case, and hands are all very well preserved, with unpolished champfer-ed lugs. The caseback is engraved: JMG RA 18205212, and while this is not a military piece, it does add a unique provenance to the watch. Special thank you to woodwkr2 for agreeing to sell me this piece! Not selling this anytime soon (may not ever sell it), but you will always have first dibs.

*sorry for the piss poor cell phone pics. In between cameras at the moment. I did try to finagle some quality into them though.:unsure:
    *the watch on the right is my Polerouter Date cal 218-2 w original crystal... just cuz ;)

20150121_123129.jpg 20150121_121734.jpg 20150121_121822 (2).jpg 20150121_163746.jpg

marco, Diabolik, arkstfan and 6 others like this.
  2. Hijak Jan 21, 2015

Very nice duo, congratulations on a fine purchase!::love::

jordn likes this.
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 21, 2015

Can't match the Tri-Compax, but my Polerouter Date says hello:

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Omega Forums!
    gatorcpa

arkstfan, Darlinboy and jordn like this.
  4. woodwkr2 Jan 24, 2015

Had a great time talking watches (and vintage cellos) over Eagle Rare with you when you came to pick her up. Enjoy her, Jordan. If she's not to be gracing my wrist any more, I'm glad to have sent her on to a nice home. Cheers!

jordn likes this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 17, 2016

I love this string and PICS because I am the new and very psyched owner of this watch. I fell in love with a gold and very pristine Tri in France but the dealer was not parting with it (he was convinced it would not get good service in the US) , even then he wanted $10K+ but I think he knew these were going out of site price wise. I was successful in getting him to relinquish a pristine Cal 321 Speedy instead which I'm sure he now regrets. Since then I have been obsessed with this watch. When I saw it on Watchville, I immediately made a deal with the seller. Its in service and I expect to have it soon. I too was amazed that this watch stayed on the market so long. Its not going any where but into rotation on my wrist. Also loved the discussion of the nature of the numbers on the caseback which I have printed for my records.