Forums Latest Members
  1. jmarchun Nov 4, 2014

I've finally gotten the funds to get my tricompax repaired and it's currently being serviced. It needs a new band - obviously this is a personal thing, but can someone recommend some sites I can look at to procure a band/bracelet?

I guess my first question is what the original band was for the 40's era Tricompax in 18k gold? I'm assuming some alligator strap, but just curious.

Has anyone done a custom strap, or are people typically ordering just new old stock or other vintage-ish bands?

2. ezlau Nov 4, 2014

I've recently acquired a UG Full Calendar and ordered a Matte dark brown alligator band from Camille Fournet for ~ 215 Euros. :)

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 4, 2014

Lots of suitable straps out there, at a very wide range of prices.

I am a fan of Keleran straps and they are quite a good value IMO.

4. Carlton-Browne Nov 5, 2014

I'm not quite sure what lug width you require. From my experience there seem to be quite a few sellers of OEM NOS straps on French Ebay though I have no experience of buying from any of them. I'd suggest being careful with older NOS straps as the leather can be a little dry and can split easily - best to treat it with something prior to use.

For bespoke alligator I've had two from Peter Watch Acc in Bangkok and I've found them to be excellent. Cost was about $180.

5. woodwkr2 Nov 5, 2014