Forums Latest Members
  1. Davidt Apr 15, 2014

Absolutely. I've just turned 31 and I would say my generation (or at least part if it) appreciate both being smart and also vintage items, with history such as watches, cars, jewellery etc. I don't think all the inheritance will be scrapped and broken down for parts just yet!!;)

Varasc likes this.
  2. rolexfantastic Apr 15, 2014

Can you show us a picture ?

Ebay completed listings, Antiquorum (or other auction houses that show results on internet), forums, Chrono24, etc.
    Of course, you cannot compile or reduce all the information you find to the correct price as a standard, but you can make yourself an idea.
    It is actually a matter of supply and demand. The higher the demand, the higher the price, usually. When the condition is mint or NOS, the demand is definitely high. The same happens to BU coins compared to other grade coins.

For instance, i see the Speedmaster101 price guide shows $5500 for ref. 145.022-69 in Collector's condition - for April 2014.
    Isnardi's price guide, shows 3000-3500 Euro for the same condition, although the prices are for 2006-2007.

However, i have to agree with pitpro when saying that it's hard to point a comparable sale.

Maybe the value starts the passion.
    Some find watches simply as good investments... then the more you eat, the hungrier you get. This is when they get the fever.

We have a saying: one generation gathers the collection, the second preserves it and the third squanders the inheritance.

3. lando Apr 15, 2014

No, as it looks so fresh, I would think that we are still in 1971 and the watch is only two years old (and never worn). That's the reason for my reference to the moonlanding.

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 15, 2014

Money clips were out of style?
    My sister-in-law used to tease me for carrying a handkerchief. Then a couple snotty-nosed kids came along and I'm the favorite uncle.

5. Keleden Apr 15, 2014

My father-in law passed on seventeen years ago. I just found the box cleaning. Yes, it is true our phones have replaced watches. I did try it on and felt like a million dollars, however I have a wrist like a noodle, and my husband is over sixty and likes simple pleasures like a 50's vintage Waltham.

6. Keleden Apr 15, 2014

7. Keleden Apr 15, 2014

I am interested in selling the Omega Speedmaster Professional to someone who will appreciate the artistic preservation of this timepiece.

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 15, 2014

Post it here in the classifieds for a fixed price.
    If, by "artistic preservation" blah blah, you really meant "I want the most money I can get," put it on eBay.
    Watching this carrot-dangling has become cumbersome.

NT931, cristos71 and bo1180 like this.
  9. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Apr 15, 2014

There's something stinky in Parsippany

10. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 15, 2014

Suggestion #1: follow whichever bit of advice you have found most helpful. You've now received plenty of it & have a number of options to choose from

Suggestion #2: you can stop telling us how beautiful and admirable the watch is. The audience here is fairly sophisticated and can judge for themselves.

Suggestion #3: if you are as desperate to sell as you are sounding, start deciding how much you actually want. The market will tell you if you are unrealistic if nobody wants it at that price.

Suggestion #4: develop more patience than you have shown in this thread. We all remember October 2008 as well as you do and it can take time for people to decide if spending money on your watch is really what they want to do. Our For Sale forum has a number of highly desirable collectors watches that are taking a while to sell.

Skv, Keleden, Dablitzer and 2 others like this.
  11. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Apr 15, 2014

Just coming in now. This can be nothing else but a ST 145.022-69, still with bezel from the 60´s. I doubt that the museum is interested, they have tons of Speedmasters and this ref is probably not prestigious enough.

12. ulackfocus Apr 15, 2014

This is a nice enough package that many non-hardcore collectors would be interested. Hell, I don't even like Speedmasters but I'm curious what it would sell for. If the desire ever overcomes me, this is one I'd even buy - although the older straight lug models with 19 mm lug widths are more my style.

13. marturx Apr 15, 2014

Dear Mrs Keleden; now we're all eager to see the For Sale ad in the Sales section of this fine Forum! :)

14. Keleden Apr 16, 2014

Still doing my DD. A possible listing this weekend. Thanks for the help and advice.

15. timeismoney Apr 16, 2014

If that is the case, I suggest you sell it here. Best of luck to you.

16. Varasc Apr 17, 2014

I agree, my 31st birthday will be on April, 29. And I am proudly wearing my own Speedmaster, I hate mobiles and similar stuffs - although have to use them. My grandfather left me a beautiful Seamaster Cosmic, bought in the late Sixties - I wonder if anything I bought today will last so much, too. But I am quite sceptic - no Ipad will survive...

17. cpl Apr 17, 2014

I think you should keep it. Pass it on to your children or grandchildren. I have my father's 145.022-69 which I cherish.

DLT222 likes this.
  18. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 19, 2014

My dad was an Omega dealer back in the sixties in the UK, it was hard to believe he was selling these things! Anyhow, he sold his dad a Seamaster in 68, my grandad wore that everyday till he passed 9 years ago it then went to my dad, unfortunately he passed last year so now I have it, papers and all with his signature on it from 68, that watch I will never ever part company with.

19. Keleden Apr 23, 2014

20. Ferik Apr 23, 2014

What happened in October 2008?