Forums Latest Members
  1. baoquang Jun 22, 2013

It all started with an opportunity for me to purchase a really rare piece of Longines 30L with unusual Olympics enamel caseback. So rare, with just the keywords Longines Olympics, I have found only ONE example mentioned in the site of the famous Longines 30L collector (longines30l.com).

03.jpg

Usually, solid gold Longines 30L are marked as Flagship and has an engraved logo of a ship in the back. We can see blue enamel featured in other hi-end solid gold series by Longines, the Longines Conquest.

I decided to write an e-mail to Longines, and the offiicial answer of them is the reference number 6957, they call the series "Olympia" and is produced around 1959-1960 and is specially created for the Italian and Spanish market. The medallion on the back is indeed gold with enamel. From some other sources I learned this series is created for the 1960 Olympics games in Rome, Italy.

In the mean time, I did not wait the response from Longines (some 4-5 days was the time) and pulled the trigger for the purchase. Also, I have found this photo to be really appropriate for a reference pic:

iz57hj.jpg

Anyway, mine has arrived and I am more than happy with the purchase. Everything seems right with my example, with the case relatively preserved and non-polished. The dial has some spots, but no big deal for me.

Enough words here are two best photos I took of it:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Comments are welcome :) ... I will find time to open it sometime, since the inside should look also really interesting:

10917661_open.jpg

2. ulackfocus Jun 22, 2013

He shoots, he scores!

3. baoquang Aug 2, 2013

changed today its band to a new, and more appropriate band ... I took a chance to take some other shots here

longines olympic 1.jpg

longines olympic 2.jpg