Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 14, 2014

Hi Ash,
    We've talked about having one of those 'heat' maps that shows where people are visiting from? could that be displayed somehwere?

rhetoric likes this.
  2. Redwheelbarrow Apr 14, 2014

Here, here. A global map of participant location could promote global unity, and it would provide useful information to buyers and sellers. If you added a special designation for watchmakers, who are few and far between outside of urban centers, the map may serve more than mere commerce (like other forums) and actually encourage a sustainable future for the collectors and fans of mechanical watches.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 15, 2014

+1 for that map distribution features.......one reason only: Cool :cool:

Jimmy Jim likes this.
  4. VictorAlpha Apr 15, 2014

Hi,
    My name is Liam, I live in Johannesburg South Africa and have an inixplicable afinity towards dive watches, mainly of the vintage variety. Have at long last taken delivery of a so called "NOS" SM300 which I am enjoying immensely.

5. tommygun77 Apr 18, 2014

Looking for a new spot to fill my Omega needs, looking for new watches and bands for my existing ones. Any ideas?

6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 18, 2014

Hi Tommy and welcome. What does your collection consist of thus far? I would warn you that membership of this site only leads to financial ruin - asset rich but cash poor.

7. Hvacman Apr 24, 2014

Hello there,
    Eric from Northern California.
    Watch Novice, but I thought how hard could it be too buy a nice '60s era Omega constellation or seamaster?
    I have money.
    Afterall I had a dozen or more on my ebay watch list that the sellers said were original....but weren't.
    deleted all of them.

Now I realize that I am totally unqualified to judge on my own whether a given nice looking (old beat ones are probably original) Omega is a redial, had parts replaced, polished to death, etc. Etc..

So a little frustrated, but want a keeper (or two :) ) at a fair price rather than mediocre watches for a bargain.
    born in 1961 I thought that particular vintage would be cool to have in a nice dress model! (P.m. Me if you have leads).

With a little patience and advice/help from you good folks,
    eventually I will sport an Omega to be proud of that is heirloom quality.
    sorry for whining:)

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 25, 2014

'61 Is a year that gives you a lot of excellent choices in Omega dress watches, have you read much of @Mondodec's Constellation collector blog? http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com.au/

Good starting point for learning about this era's dress pieces

9. PEIslander Apr 25, 2014

Been lurking for awhile. Inspired by the WRUW Today thread. I'm generally not a show-offy person but I love looking at all these incredibly cool watches and hope to be able to contribute to it myself in some small way; though I've got a lot of work to do.

10. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sam, I just started this watch hobby 1 month ago. I was looking at various world timer and chance upon a Seiko Age of Discovery World Timer. Fell in love with vintage since then. Owning a vintage watch and a brand new watch just felt different. I have bidded on this watch and would like to hear fellow forumer's view on this watch. This is my first vintage omega and I have no idea if I am getting a good watch.

http://omegaforums.net/threads/my-first-vintage-omega.12584/

And below are 2 more watch that I intend to get if the first 1 turns out to be a bad choice. Please advice!!!

http://omegaforums.net/threads/opinions-needed-for-this-2-watch.12585/

11. Calidude May 7, 2014

Folks, wanted to introduce myself as a newly minted Omega enthusiast, starting with my newly acquired 2354.50. Actually, my better half acquired it for me for our anniversary.

I collected a few vintage Rolexes in the past, but it's been a decade or so.

Looking forward to meeting the good folks here.

OmegaWIS likes this.
  12. Hijak May 8, 2014

Welcome Calidude...there are quite a few members here who have vintage Rolex as well. Lets see some pictures of the new acquisition!:thumbsup:
    (BTW, Great spouse you have to give such a thoughtful gift.)

13. ryanpatrick May 11, 2014

Hi all, just wanted to give a quick intro as the proud new owner of an Omega PO XL Ref. 29085091. Glad to be here.

IMG_1077.JPG
    Privateday7 likes this.
  14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 11, 2014

Welcome Ryan. Orange and Black Rule !!!!

15. Hijak May 11, 2014

That's better!;)

Privateday7 likes this.
  16. BUD001 May 13, 2014

I guess i should introduce myself.

I live in South Florida.
    I am a member of WUS and traded there.
    I was referred to here by another WUSer who noticed i was looking for a vintage omega.
    I have a (modern) Aqua Terra.
    I am interested in mostly manual or non-date automatic watches, but i do not discriminate against quartz watches..

17. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 13, 2014

Welcome Bud,
    Hope we could convert you to be Vintage Omega lovers.......(or vintage Zenith, UG and Longines). We have more passionate enablers than you will ever need......... ;)

18. OmegaWIS May 13, 2014

Welcome! Great watch!!

19. CdnWatchDoc May 16, 2014

Welcome fellow Canuck! Which end of PEI are you from? Best to be patient and ask plenty of questions of the gang here- you won't go wrong!

20. PEIslander May 22, 2014

I'm from the Greater Charlottetown Area; If you know the island at all you'll know how funny that sounds. Thanks for the welcome. This is a great little corner of the internet.