Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2013

Welcome Kanikune :)

2. Apa Oct 28, 2013

Welcome Karri...

3. Wombat Oct 29, 2013

My name is Craig and I love watches. Looking for a new watch home on the 'net and this place seems like it could be it.

I have a varied collection which does include a few Omegas but also Longines, Sinn, Zenith, Lum-Tec and Seiko to name a few. I'm currently trying to thin out the herd just a touch to fund the next purchase.

Omega Seamaster GMT Great White
    [​IMG]

Omega Electric Blue Seamaster 2255.80
    [​IMG]

Omega X-33
    [​IMG]

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
    [​IMG]

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 29, 2013

Welcome Craig. We accept all manner of Marsupials here :thumbsup:

5. ulackfocus Oct 29, 2013

Hi Craig. Good to see you here.

Just an FYI that your former vintage Admiral with the blue dial is happy in Joizey. ;)

6. Wombat Oct 29, 2013

Glad it's still going well. It was a nice watch but vintage just isn't for me. The Autavia was nice, tho. I sometimes regret moving that one on. Still, plenty of watches still out there to try!!

7. ulackfocus Oct 29, 2013

Yeah, that was one of my minor regrets too. It was just a smidge too large so I filled that slot with a C-case Seamaster Chronostop.

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 30, 2013

Welcome Craig.

There was a member of one of the Triumph forums that was also called Wombat - that wouldn't also be you would it ? I think it was TriumphRat.net, but I haven't been there for a few years.

9. Wombat Oct 31, 2013

No, not me. With a name like that must be a great guy tho!!

10. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 31, 2013

undoubtedly :D

11. Jimmypongo Oct 31, 2013

Hi All,

Quick introduction: work as a manager in health/social services in UK. Social worker by trade and have caught the watch bug from my dad (he's more into rolex but has one omega in his collection).

I'm fairly new to this game but have been lurking about here and other forums for about a year now. The advice from this site has been invaluable and I'm been holding out for the right example of a 60s seamaster/deville - If I've learned one thing it's that condition is key. Like others I have decided to buy from the good people on this site as the feedback on the regular sellers is good and I want to make sure I start on the right foot.

I do have a bit of an addictive personality so I hope this doesn't get out of hand once I take the plunge...

12. ulackfocus Oct 31, 2013

13. Jimmypongo Oct 31, 2013

Thanks for the welcome. Noticed this myself and thought it was top quality so is reassuring to hear your experienced opinion. I do like the cosmic but I think it wouldn't be my first choice, although as you say the condition is very good and has made me look a few times!

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 31, 2013

Hi Jimmy,
    I still try to figure out how to not get out of hand after the plunge last year :D.

15. GETS Nov 3, 2013

Ah!

So here is where you say hello! (I said hello in the open discussion forum just now - apologies. Mods feel free to delete the other thread should you wish?).

What to say? I'm a 43 year old married man - run my own business - reside in the UK - and currently own 14 watches of which only 2 are Omega. My collection is all modern watches although I do intend to delve into the vintage market as soon as I know what I am buying!

Currently the collection is on hold due to other financial priorities but I will be sure to post up pictures as and when I contribute to threads and feel that a visual is required. For now here are my two Omega's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 3, 2013

Hi GETS,
    PO and Aqua Terra are very fine selection in Omega modern line.
    Don't hesitate to share your other brands as well in this forum. We enjoy other brands as much as Omega as long they were quality items.
    In fact our Zenith, Longines and Universal subforum are strong and have robust discussion.

17. GETS Nov 3, 2013

Thank you. My other watches are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally the watch that stated it all and the one I cannot let go of yet (despite my change in taste):

[​IMG]

Trev, Mothra, dsio and 4 others like this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 3, 2013

Welcome

Some nice watches there.::money::

A Tag started it all for me also.

19. ulackfocus Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, Tony has one of those HFS collections, meaning you're likely to say "Holy F::censored::ing S::censored::t!" when you see it. :p

watchme and SpikiSpikester like this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2013

And he's not nervous around Joisey guys??

Welcome Aboard Tony, despite your friends.:p