Forums Latest Members

Soliciting opinions for a a very simple task

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Sep 3, 2014

If you could be so kind and condescending as to stoop so low and be so bending to assist me in choosing the correct and proper strap for a recent "barn find" of mine (it was more precisely a consignment shoppe in Cape Cod, USA but barn find just plain old sounds better. Well, it does. According to my watchmaker, this watch head had never been polished or refinished so I plan on leaving her in all her ratty glory. I guess this was never a very popular model because I've seen exactly NONE before. has anyone here have experience with this reference? The always helpful Evan from Florida had remarked that it appears to the winding version of a polerouter. agree .
    Thank you !
    So, without further ado doo:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Mothra Sep 3, 2014

Difficult to tell the colour of the outer dial, but based on the photos I think the black looks best....

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2014

This easy, I don't like either of those two straps :thumbsdown:

epl108 likes this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 3, 2014

+1

How about a nice turned edge lizard?

5. pitpro Likes the game. Sep 3, 2014

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 4, 2014

The straps are for a tool watch and would be an excellent choice for such, but I think this UG needs a black or dark brown lightly padded plain leather strap that won't attract attention from the watch.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 8, 2014

Well, what if we had a few wrist shots so we could see how the watch looks. Just on a NATO or something quick to change.

Now I'm thinking something rat, like those 1940s Harleys that have never seen paint.

A new finish strap won't do it, has to be old, distressed and unloved.

I think..............

citizenrich likes this.