Forums Latest Members

SOLD Sm300 / Ref. 14755-1 ... With Extract From Omega

1. kox Feb 14, 2013

I now have two ref. 14755-1. One have to go.

DSCF1955.JPG

So for sale is an Omega Seamaster 300 / ref. 14755-1, straight lug/first gen model with matching Omega certificate/extract of the archives. Created January 1962, serial 18.260.xxx, making it one of the absolutely first 14755’s after the famed 2913. Have not seen one with an earlier serial no., and I have seen a lot ;-)
    The other one I have is a 14755-1 from February 1962, serial 18.292.xxx, see compare pictures below (this one is not for sale – yes, the one with the lollipop second hand pictured below is NOT for sale)

14755 compare date and mov no.jpg

Back to the watch for sale. I have not had any work done on it and have no service history, but here is what I know on full disclosure. The rest of the story is in the pictures.

Dial: Original untouched dial and lume. Really really nice medium brown lume. Dial without any large spots etc. However a couple of small scratches around the center.

Hands: All hands are original and correct for the ref 14755. Lume has gone in the hour hand. A little left in the minute hand. Lume area is small and the missing lume does IMO not distract the looks of the watch, but of course up to the buyer to have them relumed.

Bezel: Well, as you known, the big issue with these 1.gen SM300’s is the bezel “inlay”, which on 99% of all examples is worn off or broken. Some have been redone. This one COULD be all original but I’m not 100% sure. There is still a little old lume in the 12 o’clock “pearl”. Compare it to my other 14755 which have an 100% original bezel – they are almost identical. But in line of the watch’s condition I would have to conclude that is has been redone, not recently, but still a very nicely and correctly redone job, both in regards to the font style and size and in regards to the concave slope of the filled inlay.
    The bezel turns freely, a bit to freely frankly. It miss one or two of the small ball bearings beneath it. It’s a quick and cheap fix, just didn’t get around to it.

Case/caseback: Case and caseback has been polished in the past, but still has its profile. Lugs are still fat (look at the back of the lug ends) and there are no major dings or scratches. Quite rare. These cases have lived a hard life and I have seen many really damaged examples. There is however one ding on the lower left side, where the case meets the caseback. Hard to see when the caseback is screwed on. Caseback engravings are still clearly visibly.

Movement: I have no service history on the movement, but it does seem to run strong and long. As seen in the pictures it has some scratches and it’s dirty. Would recommend a service and pressure test if it should be used on a more regular basis. Correct cal. 552 and serial no. for the ref 14755.

Crown and crystal: Crown is the correct size but not the old original one. It is however the old replacement version (not the new one). The crown does not sit dead straight on the stem, but it turns allright. Crystal is the correct domed type and marked with the old Omega logo (it IS there even if not seen in the pictures). The crystals inner ring does cover the “swiss made” text on the dial (which is very common), so perhaps slightly off-center. The text is clear in the dial only picture below.

Strap: 19mm new generic leather strap with unmarked buckle

Terms: Price is Euro 3.500 excl. shipping and excl. payment fees. Will only send fully insured from Denmark. Bank transfer preferred. Paypal +5%. Face2face in one of the danish airports could be arranged if preferred. No trades, cash only please. Private sale. References upon request.

Questions, please PM me. Thanks to the forum for making this possible.
    Best regards /Kim

14755 mov no.jpg
    14755 case back in.jpg
    DSCF1938.JPG
    DSCF1946.JPG
    DSCF1947.JPG
    14755 compare.jpg
    DSC01030[1].JPG
    DSCF1925.JPG
    14755 extract.jpg

2. kox Feb 18, 2013

Going for sale on other sites tonight.
    Price reduced here to euro 3.300 until 10:00 PM CET tonight.
    Cheers
    /Kim

3. kox Feb 24, 2013

A few interested, but no payment made, so still for sale...

4. kox Mar 5, 2013

Bump...

5. D77 Mar 6, 2013

The model reminds me of Jaeger-Lecoultre's "Tribute to Deep Sea", European version.
    See it here

6. kox Mar 9, 2013

yes, just a bit cheaper::money::

7. kox Mar 29, 2013

Open to serious offers

8. stef2010 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 29, 2013

Hi, i just send you a mail :)