Forums Latest Members

Seiko Automatic Diver 200m

1. bish789 Nov 6, 2014

Hi all
    I've just bought one of these to use as a daily beater.
    The day comes up in French, and if you move it on one it comes up in English, then French then English etc.
    My question is, if I move it to the English day, the will it turn to the next English day?
    Would like an answer, could wait and find out, but not known for patience in these matters.
    Thanks everybody in advance

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 6, 2014

Yes, you could wait hours to find out.

A faster way is to advance the time until the day changes.

Still faster is for me to say...oui.

Rappelez-vous - La patience est une vertu.

3. bish789 Nov 6, 2014

Merci Darlinboy :)

4. Mothra Nov 6, 2014

::confused2:: bish, I'm deadly curious now, and I suspect this is unfair, but how else did you think it might work? French in the morning, English pm? All owners have to advance their day indicator every day?

I'm genuinely trying to work out what a realistic alternative was.....

5. bill5959 Nov 6, 2014

Mon Dieu. These es a question for Jerry Lewis Regards, bill

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 6, 2014

Poor bloke could have had to stay up till midnight each night to work this one out. Well helped all............:thumbsup:

7. ulackfocus Nov 6, 2014

I love this thread! :p

8. bish789 Nov 6, 2014

Glad i've been a source of amusement for a while. The truth of the matter is, that when I was playing around with the watch, it was not changing over at the times I expected. So e.g. it changed over from Mon english, the went to Mar (French for Tuesday to those mono linguistics), but as I 've now discovered, it changes again hours later (about 4.00 a.m.) to the English day. So depending on your choice of day, and what time you do this, depends on your day ring being right. It's a lag of about 4 hours to it being correct. I thought there might be something wrong with the mechanism, hence the post. Innocent post, I will now flagellate myself.

STANDY, bill5959 and Mothra like this.
  9. keita Nov 11, 2014

I have a skx and my dates are in English and Arabic.

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 12, 2014

Just think Bish789 if you wake up at 3am everyday for a week you can learn 7 half French words. :cool:

Whats my dibs $200 Zenith got??

Men likes this.
  11. SeanO Nov 14, 2014

I thought it was because on the morning of Agincourt the French looked like the goods,

but in the afternoon the Poms had it all over them.

isn't that why?

12. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Nov 14, 2014

I don't know what you just said but it SOUNDED AWESOME!!!

13. bish789 Nov 14, 2014

Standy, I don't deal in $, as 200 in that currency, either US or AUD would be way too low for that gorgeous creation. Also it doesn't have a day or date::facepalm1::
    I already know the days of the week in French, and the only time French would be of use is on an early arrival at Charles De Gaulle. Apart from that we Brits and the French have a strained relationship at the best of times. I might strip it, and use a permanent marker to strike out the French bits as my little go at them. By the way, yes we won at Agincourt.

STANDY likes this.
  14. Men Jan 17, 2015

+ 1 :)

15. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 17, 2015

Consider yourself lucky, my Seiko automatic diver has every second day in Spanish..... they don't teach that in Canadian schools so I'm really at a loss...... half the time..... sorta...