Forums Latest Members
  1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 1, 2014

Hi,

I have seen this Seamaster with textured black dial, date at 6. I don't know much about it, but I like the look of it. The case looks pretty rounded, but I don't know if that is the style, or just way over-polished. Basically I would like to know your thoughts on it and if its worth a shot. Based on completed listings of similar watches on eBay, I think it is a little pricey at £650 too, although I should be able to get it a little cheaper, so your thoughts on price are welcomed too.

Cheers,
    Paul

dial.jpg

movement.jpg

2. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Oct 1, 2014

I am pretty sure this is a re-dial, but I would let the experts confirm. What I do know is that the case seems to be over polished, the lugs seem rounded... and the second hand might be a replacement or could be just the lighting in the picture. This is a 2627? and yes it is on the high end I would say...

3. Tritium Oct 1, 2014

Hi Paul,
    case is overpolished, the dial is re-painted and the movement doesn't look very good.
    If it was all original it would worth much more than £650.

cicindela likes this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

These 2627/2757 's are nice desirable watches, especially with a guilloche dial. BTH some 2627s have the later trapezoid date window.

The dial has been repainted and case a bit polished, so as you said, a little steep on the price.

5. ulackfocus Oct 1, 2014

Yep, a redial. Not even worth half the asking price due to that and the polishing. Several of us have owned multiple examples of these 2757 / 2627's.

6. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 1, 2014

Shame, other than the polished case, I liked the look of this, and even then I didn't mind that too much. If all was ok, this would definitely have ticked a few of the things off the "wanted one day" list (black dial, date at 6, guilloche).
    Thanks all for all your input and help. Any chance of sharing your reasons for knowing it is a redial for future reference?
    Cheers,
    Paul

7. Tritium Oct 1, 2014

The "S" on Seamaster should look like this one.
    Hour markers shouldn't be painted at 1,2,4, 5,7,8,10,11 o'clock.
    Swiss Made is in wrong place.

[​IMG]

Tiny Iota and Lessismore like this.
  8. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Oct 1, 2014

Brilliant, thanks! Fancy painting that black and selling it to me? Oh, wait, that's the problem, isn't it... ;)

Tritium likes this.
  9. Tritium Oct 1, 2014

cicindela has a beautiful example already painted. The problem there, will be selling it ;)

10. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 1, 2014

An original dial one would look something like this:

[​IMG]

11. Tritium Oct 1, 2014

Wow Mike!
    No words... :love:

12. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Oct 1, 2014

Yeah, pretty much anything that Mike has is just out of this world....::love::