Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Professional Bracelet

1. nxw1969 Mar 1, 2015

Hi All,
    Daft question, but I have a Seamaster Professional 2531.80, and I cant seem to work out how to open the extended part of the bracelet.
    Not the regular open using the buttons, but the other end that is used to enable it to be worn with a wet suit (or whatever else)
    Its demonstrated at around 8 mins 45 secs on this video, but I guess I need an idiots guide!

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 1, 2015

it's quite easy, but first of all, just in case, can you post a pic of your bracelet to make sure you have the clasp with the extension? I suppose there is a chance you have the wrong bracelet on your watch?

After that all I can say, if you place your thumb on the inside for leverage make sure you're no pressing on the extension as you pull the other end to open. go close to the clasp for the pull, almost as if you may be trying to fit your index between the clasp and extension.

Good Luck.

nxw1969 likes this.
  3. nxw1969 Mar 1, 2015

Got it Sergio - I just needed to put a bit of effort in :)

Not that I am likely to need it, I am only slightly more likely to wear my Seamaster with a wet suit, than I am my Speedy on the Moon!

4. nxw1969 Mar 1, 2015

Incidentally, if anyone has watched the video above, will a replacement crystal from the coax watch fit the 2531?

5. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 1, 2015

Al loaned me this..... said not to bring it back.... ever..... or my watch.......

anyway it will both extend your bracelet and remove your crystal.

Al also said I might be able to fix my "head" with it...... whatever that means......

images.jpg

swell guy that Al......

OmegaRookie and Nobel Prize like this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 2, 2015

I admit sometimes I have to jury rig something when I'm working, but that "vise grip hammer" is a classic! :thumbsup:

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 2, 2015

Take the things stated in that video with a grain of salt...as they say a little knowledge is dangerous. He says the crystal is "double domed" and of course it's not - it's single domed...

In terms of the crystal fitting, the diameter is the same, but the height is different - the ceramic Seamaster version is taller. In my experience putting a taller crystal in one of these is a bad idea - you risk the bezel insert jamming on the taller crystal - I have had to remove a taller crystal from a watch (think it was a GMT) after someone had their local watchmaker put in a taller crystal, and when they put the bezel back on it would not turn, and they could not figure it out. The bezel insert was jamming on the taller crystal...

Cheers, Al

8. nxw1969 Mar 2, 2015

Thanks guys - Thats good enough for me AL - I'll stick with the original crystal and add the ceramic to my ever growing wanted list

Cheers
    Nick