Forums Latest Members
  1. marsy101 Jun 30, 2013

Ok, so this watch has electromagnetic on the face. Having researched this on the forum it seems Omega rarely printed electromagnetic after the 40's. There's no info about the watch in the listing and it's being sold by a private seller from his "grandfathers estate". I don't recognise the markings on the rear of of the case, they're completely different to the vintage Seamaster's I've been looking at. Am i right is saying it looks like a winder?

I think it's a nice looking watch and I love the slightly square fast contrasting the circular dial, but I'm aware there's a very high chance it's a fake. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 30, 2013

100% fake, not worth a bean.

3. marsy101 Jun 30, 2013

That's what I suspected but felt it was worth putting it out there just in case. Thanks for the feedback.

4. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2013

Man, we need a sticky for all these fake Seamasters popping up.

What is that, some kind of siberian movement?

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 30, 2013

They didn't even try to make that one look right. ::puke::

6. marsy101 Jun 30, 2013

In all seriousness, that would be a very useful tool for newbie like me. To identify fakes and their typical attributes might be more informative/efficient than looking for the attributes of an original.

There seems to be a common theme here. Inherited watches which turn out to be fakes. I read somewhere that fake Omega's were the fake Rolex's of the 60's.

AlexandrDarius likes this.