Forums Latest Members
  1. jjlamore Nov 19, 2014

Hi, I'm new to Omega watches and was hoping to get some advice.

I recently bought this Seamaster. I live in Japan, so I took it to the Omega repair store in Tokyo to get them to shorten the band. The people there told me there's a screw missing, and they can't make the band any shorter without running the risk of ruining it. At least, that's what I understood from our conversation. I'm not fluent in the language. They suggested I try to source another vintage band.

The band that came with the watch is marked 11 (in a circle) and 1191, as per the photo below. It's 19mm.

My question is: Do I need to get exactly the same model? In other words, is that the only band that will fit this watch? Or can I use a similar Omega band that's 19mm? I like the way the current band looks, so I'd prefer to get the same thing, or something that is virtually the same.

I've seen similar bands on eBay, such as one marked 32 (brackets) and 1171/1, as well others with similar numbers.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_8441.JPG IMG_8442.JPG IMG_8443.JPG
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 19, 2014

I don't think the clasp is original to your bracelet. It is a 1171 which should be on a bracelet the uses different types of end links (see picture below). The 176.005 has a number of bracelets as options. They should all have a flat end. Many examples use the 1162, so this would be something to look for.

[​IMG]

3. Sherbie Nov 19, 2014

image.jpg I,d be tempted to put this on a nice leather strap - style and colour of your choice. It makes the watch lighter to wear, and you can change it as often as you like

Pls see pic above - shamelessly "borrowed" from he web (Dogen's amazing collection, I think?)

Cheers, Paul

4. jjlamore Nov 19, 2014

Thanks -- I wondered if all or part of the bracelet might not be original. I'll look into those alternatives you suggest. Leather is a good option too.
    Cheers.