Forums Latest Members

Scuba Diving Watch Recommendations

1. Nick F 05 May 19, 2013

Hi all, I have decided this year I am going to get back into exploring my interest in scuba diving after a long hiatus on a recreational basis.

Can anyone recommend any good scuba diving watches based on their experiences?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Mothra May 20, 2013

Not sure how long is long, and what you are loooking for at what level, but check out something like a suunto d9tx - its wireless air integrated and calculates stops for you so everything is in one place on your wrist...

3. Nick F 05 May 20, 2013

Thanks for the recommendation. Long as in about twenty years. I have not been down since my eardrum burst and I had surgery to repair it; been a bit gun shy.

4. mihaixp May 20, 2013

I guess there are a lot of choices. It all depends on there budget allocated.
    My beater it's an Orange Monster which is a scuba divers watch, a budget one, mind you.

So, what's the budget for it?

5. ulackfocus May 20, 2013

Agreed on Seiko. I have a Pepsi SKX009. Mine has had striped bass bite down on it. Put it on and don't worry about it. If you bang it on a rock or scratch it on coral who cares?

6. Nick F 05 May 20, 2013

An Orange Moster is cool

The budget is really $500 or less because I don't want to worry about it gettign messed up or scratched

7. Nick F 05 May 20, 2013

That's a nice watch

8. pascs May 20, 2013

I've got various modded Seiko divers...............but this has to be my favourite modded Monster by Jake B, classic Monster character with a twist :)

[​IMG]

Amazon is a good place to buy Seiko divers, they even have an Orange Monster on the black rubber strap for $156 :thumbsup:

9. ulackfocus May 20, 2013

Yep, the old models will be real cheap now that the new hack/handwind versions are coming.

10. Nick F 05 May 20, 2013

Very cool

Looking now

Thanks

11. Mothra May 20, 2013

Yeah, i kind of jumped to the solution which to me (staff scuba instuctor) is a air/nitrox/rebreather compatible wrist mounted dive computer that doubles your bottom time vs tables while providing ascent rate monitors to improve safety, tracks surface time and no-fly time, provides graphical dive logs and dive profiles and is air integrated to put everything you need on that tiny piece of real estate on :whistling:your wrist.... Of course, if all you want is a watch....

12. Mothra May 20, 2013

In case i wasn't clear, watches are sexy but dive computers these days are awesome...

13. Nick F 05 May 21, 2013

No it was cool. I appreciate the recommendation and if I find myself looking in that direction I know have a recommendation.

Thanks,
    Nick