Forums Latest Members

Scratching/scraping sound while manually winding my Omega SeaMaster 300M

1. Freddie Mercury Aug 23, 2014

Hi.

I've noticed a wierd scratching sound (it also feels like friction) while manually winding my Omega watch. Also as the rotor spins around it also comes a scratching/scraping sound and I can feel it going around. Is this normal, or should I be worried? I've only had it since May this year.

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 23, 2014

Time for a service.

3. Shem Aug 23, 2014

I'd probably take it to your local Omega Boutique. The staff should know whether the sounds you're hearing are normal (I suspect not). If they have a Boutique Technician as some of the Boutiques do, then even better -- he can take a look and perhaps diagnose the problem.

Did you buy it new in May? If so, then it could be a warranty issue, in which case definitely take it to an Omega Boutique. They get the highest priority for servicing.

Spy likes this.
  4. Freddie Mercury Aug 23, 2014

Yes I bought it new from an authorised dealer. And they also have a watchmaker there. Thanks for the answers. Are there anyone here who's experienced anything like this before?

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 23, 2014

How long ago did you buy it and when was it made? It is not uncommon for a dealer to sell a watch that has been in their hands for several years. The manufacturer's warranty still applies from the date you bought it but they will be inclined to adjust rather than service the watch.

6. Freddie Mercury Aug 23, 2014

In may this year, I've had it for about 4 months. Not sure when it was made.

7. Freddie Mercury Sep 2, 2014

I was at my local AD today. And they recomended that I get it serviced. Free of charge of course.

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 2, 2014

Good result. Have it done for another 4 - 5 years peace of mind.

Freddie Mercury likes this.