Forums Latest Members
  1. Otty Sep 12, 2014

I decide to fully service my Flightmaster to omega Bienne on June .... it just finish this September
    Asking a friend to collect and this pic is what i only got .... seems promising though :)

cannot wait till it came in 1st week of October

Flightmaster911.jpg
  2. bish789 Sep 13, 2014

It never fails to amaze me on the parts that are changed on a full service. It would be funny if you had your car serviced and when you collected it there was a box with some gear cogs, a camshaft, and a windscreen as they had been changed as standard. That would be service!!

kidamazo and Otty like this.
  3. pascs Sep 13, 2014

Thats what happens in this country when your car returns from service or repair, normally a box of the parts replaced. It was a shock when I had the clutch replaced and gearbox rebuilt on my 4x4 as there were loads of heavy parts in 3 boxes :D

Cant wait for my 145.013 to return from Al, I think there could be a large box of bits coming back with it too ;)

4. bish789 Sep 13, 2014

Wouldn't want the bits back as I'd just have to get rid of them. What 4x4 are we talking?

5. Wongo Sep 14, 2014

That's a lot of parts and they still looks new

6. Otty Sep 14, 2014

i specifically asking to retain the dial and all hands ...... and they do listen to customer voice
    glass is chipping @ 1 o'clock .... pusher seems bending inner side, 2 wheel, bracelet pin is also worn out ... one thing i am not sure is why they change the rotating inner bezel

7. yande Sep 14, 2014

Really hope that they retained that "T SWISS MADE T" dial for you Otty, and not replaced it with the Service "SWISS MADE" dial. I'm sure Rolex would not have listened to your 'voice'!

Mine was serviced by Omega by previous owner, not sure where, though some many years ago. Original dial disappeared, as did the coloured pushers. My research tells me that Omega at that time had run out of Coloured pushers. I've since had the colour re installed.

It would make my day to hear that Omega still listened to its customers, unlike (with respect) that other brand.

Regardless, I love my cal 911.

OmegaFlightmasterCal911_IMG_7159.jpg

I had to insert another photo showing the changes to the Pusher Line Up that I asked my watch maker to make, after he aligned them incorrectly. It's vertical, not horizontal!

Omega flightmaster IMG_2795.jpg

8. Otty Sep 14, 2014

asking more photos.... its got the color pusher right, the brushing is indeed very nice base on this low res pic

flighmaster-side01.jpg flighmaster-side02.jpg
  9. Otty Sep 14, 2014

unfortunately they swap the dial, though given back the original one

flighmaster-dial.jpg
    initialjh likes this.
  10. initialjh Sep 15, 2014

at least they returned original parts.

My experience of Breitling and Rolex services are parts for exchange purposes!!! no way, leave my parts alone... hence I have mine serviced at trusted independent watchmakers now...

lenny likes this.
  11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 15, 2014

:thumbsup: nothing beats the polishing from factory. Hope it does not take out too much steel out of the case.

12. yande Sep 15, 2014

That's a thought to the next person sending a watch to Bienne, or other similar facility, where polishing will be involved. A precise weighing in process, before and after, just to find out how much metal was removed. Does anyone think that would be possible? I'd be interested to read the results.
    Still wearing mine Otty since reading your post, and I am sure most would be surprised, just how comfortable the flightmaster is to wear. (And yes, that is flightmaster with a small 'l' )

13. Otty Sep 15, 2014

yande .... are you balik bayan mate ? ...... will posting mine on my wrist when its came by next month

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 15, 2014

No, Yande isn't balik bayan, he's just nuts :D

15. Otty Sep 15, 2014

:D we all nuts i a way .... went to vintage

16. yande Sep 15, 2014

I'm actually " The Utter Nutter!"