Forums Latest Members

Reference check sought: A Novavenida Relojoeiros Lda.

1. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 20, 2014

Hi guys. May I ask if there are any members here who have bought from A Novavenida Relojoeiros Lda. in Portugal? Or are there any Portuguese members who know of them? Thanks in advance.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 21, 2014

3. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 21, 2014

Thanks Daniel. Will see if the address matches.

4. Jeff Stein Feb 26, 2014

Trouble!!

Last week, this dealer listed a watch on Chrono24, at a fixed price, which I very quickly agreed to buy. It was something of a bargain.

After they failed to reply to several messages, in which I requested payment information, I called them the next day. They said that the watch had just been sold (on Day Two), in their store. I suspect that someone topped the price at which I agreed to buy the watch, so this seller broke our agreement.

This has been my only experience with this seller, by when the money is worth more than their honor . . . I would proceed with caution.

Jeff

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 26, 2014

Boy, I wish that was an uncommon story. The usual scenario is the Ebay Buy It Now listing - you pay, they wise up before shipping and the next thing you know "the watch fell off the table and broke - I wouldn't dream of selling it in this condition."

6. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 26, 2014

Jeff, was is the Carrera? If it was, same thing happened to me. Agreed on their asking for the Carrera and they agreed to reserve it for me. When I asked for payment instructions, they told me they have sold it to a local customer. No more buying from them. :thumbsdown:

7. Jeff Stein Mar 4, 2014

Yes, it was a good looking Carrera Reference 2447N, listed at 2650 Euro . . . which is quite a bargain. He told me that it was mine, and then never sent payment instructions. I called him the next day, and he told me the story about the local purchaser who had bought it in his store . . . Hey, right!! I am planning a blog posting / write-up / "outing" the miserable liar!!