Forums Latest Members
  1. neilw Jan 26, 2015

I am fairly new to Omega collecting and recently bought a humble but nice bumper automatic which seems to run well, but gains a minute a day. It has a screw on back so I've not seen the movement.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable place for servicing in SE England (I live in Lewes)? I contacted Swiss Time, who quoted £350/500 which sounds pretty hefty.

IMG_1164.jpg IMG_1170.jpg IMG_1171.jpg
  2. Davidt Jan 26, 2015

Try Christian (Google 'watchguy blog'). You'll need to post your watch to him but you can track your progress and look at his earlier work on his blog.

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 26, 2015

Interesting caseback.
    I'd heard about these but had never seen one before.

4. neilw Jan 26, 2015

Interesting site and he seems to do high quality stuff. His booking system is very quirky, involving opening his booking page at the next window at 7pm precisely, with bookings apparently taken up at one per second until the few slots are taken. Hopefully I'll be lucky!
    Thanks for the advice

5. neilw Jan 26, 2015

I initially had my doubts about the caseback, but managed to find an image of a similar one when doing a bit of research and looking for images of watches to get an idea of the date and caliber. Seems pretty unusual though

6. Davidt Jan 26, 2015

Yes that's for new customers. Existing ones can book a slot anytime. Send him an email and depending on his workload he may add you to his list so you don't need to wait for the next round of bookings.