Forums Latest Members

Recently arrived Ultra Chron--need help sourcing a crystal

1. grumpyguy Jun 28, 2014

Hi, first time posting here. I picked up this Ultra Chron a week ago, and for what I paid for it, is in really nice shape. Except, the crystal is cracked at 6 o'clock.

Two places I've contacted have told me they don't carry it. So I'm hoping someone might have a source for it.

Anyway, here's a few pictures, with the entire crystal show in the last one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course, the crystal. As you can see, it really isn't square, as the bezel hides the lower round part.

[​IMG]

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 29, 2014

It's not going to be easy, the closest I could find in the old GS catalog is this one, but you need the exact dimensions of the square section and the diameter to be sure.

A number or dealers on eBay hold stocks of GS crystals and may have the one you need.

Maybe Longines would be you best bet.

Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 3.19.41 pm.png

3. grumpyguy Jun 29, 2014

Thank you very much. The measurements seem to match and I took a chance and ordered one from Esslinger. I had spent about an hour going through the GS catalog and didn't see it. I always feel like it is pure luck when I find the crystal I want. Thanks once again.

4. grumpyguy Jul 3, 2014

Just got the crystal today and it isn't the right one. Dang. Thanks anyway, it was the best answer I've gotten so far. Hopefully a beater comes up for sale with the same type crystal and I'll snag that.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 3, 2014

6. grumpyguy Jul 3, 2014

[​IMG] 3019-431 ....

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 3, 2014

OK, good news. Case reference is #8019 and it is listed at Jules Borel:

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=LON_CS^8019

Bad news is that crystal has been discontinued. Not sure if the number that is there will help. If you call Jules Borel and use the number "8019-431", they may be able to look it up for you.

You may be SOL on this one.
    gatorcpa