Forums Latest Members
  1. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 1, 2014

as mentioned below; this came locally. works very well and the lollipop and the old pulsometer scale with the "railway" looks really nice here. kind regards. achim

lollipop1.JPG

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 1, 2014

Outstanding! That bezel must be quite scarce vs. the tachy version.

3. JohnSteed Oct 1, 2014

Great pick up Achim!!

4. RCAFBuster Oct 1, 2014

You are a lucky man!!!! One day I will stumble across something so wonderful.

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 1, 2014

Achim,
    Dibs to this beauty OR your other one.

6. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 1, 2014

Nice one Achim. Put me on the dibs list too.

7. miccro Oct 1, 2014

great! like you say - love the lollypop + pulsations, creats a whole different persona for the watch. enjoy!

8. repoman Oct 1, 2014

so awesome

9. Pasbru Oct 1, 2014

Lollipop for grownups.....Stunning that is some sweet candy!

10. timeismoney Oct 1, 2014

Oh man, sooooo jealous. Very nice pick up! Congrats.

11. cristos71 Oct 2, 2014

Now that´s a nice one, and I´ll bet it wasn´t $23000 either! ;)

12. ock2915 Oct 2, 2014

Realy nice , congratulations

13. marturx Oct 2, 2014

Killer dial!

14. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 2, 2014

thanks, guys ! no, it was not $ 23.000. but in times of the internet, these pawn guys have a fair idea about ball park figures. they had no idea about lollipop and other bezels and....... the service was a big bonus. looked very clean and runs excellent. original movement to this watch. the pulsometer scale has miniscule dents; a real stunner. and seems to be there from the beginning. doctors used to order these bezels, because that made the watches tax deductable ! and that would explain the outstanding condition. the dial has a few light colour differences, but I would not go so far as to call that a beginning tropical dial......the edges show a brown tinge now. and it is not rust...... the hour hand is a bit bent in the middle from a careless watchmaker. hard to see. minute hand excellent. the lollipop hand was painted white and should be stripped and re painted. but I will leave it as is. having a second one for many years now, it might be possible, that I have to sell it. I`m still in the middle of a divorce settlement before the court. so, maybe early next year. just give me a shout, if you are interested. will see, how it goes. until then I enjoy it; seems to be very reliable for everyday wear. kind regards from early Summer. achim

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 2, 2014

Lovely Speedie Achim ::love::

Good luck with your current situation, I hope you've managed to totally understate the worth of those "worn out old watches" of yours ;)

16. marturx Oct 2, 2014

[quote=" kind regards from early Summer. achim[/quote]

I just wish.... early autumn here in the northern hemisphere....

Be careful with that dial/ indexes. Doesn´t take much for that powder to come off. But of course you know this already

17. Alessi156 Oct 2, 2014

Lovely looking watch. It's good to know that these Speedmasters can still be found in such good condition.

18. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 2, 2014

many PM`s with the best wishes for the settlement. quite a few seem to have experienced the same situation......after 24 years of marriage and 2 great daughters things took an unexpected turn. without my knowledge my ex wife filed for divorce and to get a nice lever for her expectations, she used her 2. key for the safe deposit boxes and cleared out all watches for later negotiations. men are too trusting; never expected such a massive breach of trust. ( BTW: if you are in a situation with a partner with a second key, here is some advice: rent a second box in your name only and shift without telling....) but she did not realize, that all watches were company stock and that there was a second 50% shareholder for the last 20 plus years......so, we have to wait until the court determines ownership of 64 watches. unfortunately the Australian ( and many other countries as well....) law system is designed, to reap maximum money for the lawyers and the courts. slow and expensive. but that is part of life also. karma will catch up...... thanks for all your wishes, guys. eventually all will be good. I started from scratch a second time and all is well again. kind regards . achim

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 2, 2014

Achim,
    Hope the best for you with your situation.

H

FabCo likes this.
  20. marturx Oct 2, 2014

So she stayed as long as the girls did? I guess that that is not uncommon.... It´s a tough point in a long lasting relationship, when your common task, to raise the kids, is no more, when it´s just you and your partner.

I wish you the best of luck through these difficult times. I guess patience and calmness are the key words.

pitpro likes this.