Forums Latest Members

Question for Trev! iPhone 6 and iOS 8.1 annoyance... No drag & drop from PC to Phone! Solutions?

1. msp1518 Oct 22, 2014

Trev, I'm asking you because I have not received any help at the mac or apple forums on this. My iPhone 6 arrived yesterday and I was saddened to see no Camera Roll so my iCloud photos backup was all wonky. Most of the photos never showed up. Not happy.

Anyway, I sucked it up and used the dreaded iTunes to sync photos and that was stupid because all of the pics were LOCKED on the phone. Couldn't delete any unless I hooked back up to iTunes. So I unsynced and deleted them all.

I then updated to iOS 8.1 and YES! I had a Camera Roll (Apple was so stupid to take it away in the first place) and the phone actually showed up when I hooked it to my PC.

However, no drag and drop. It's disabled. So now the simple solution of just dragging my 400 photos from my PC to my iPhone is impossible.

Right now I have no way to put my photos onto my bloody phone. WTF is Apple's problem? THIS is why people switch to Android.

You mentioned some third party software but I cannot find the post. Any solution here? I just want to drag and drop the photos I want from my PC to my phone. This shouldn't be so completely and stupidly difficult.

Many thanks in advance!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 22, 2014

Is your computer a mac or a windows PC? If its a mac you can just right click and airdrop and it'll all fly across magically.

Fusion likes this.
  3. Fusion Oct 22, 2014

plug your iPhone into iTunes, click photos, and then find the folder that has your 400. IIRC this is how you do it.

4. msp1518 Oct 22, 2014

It's a Windows 7 based PC. Fusion, no, that's not how I want to do it. I would have to sync the photos and that would mean they are locked on my phone. If I grew tired of a photo to delete I would have to hook it back up to iTunes and that is not acceptable.

5. Fusion Oct 22, 2014

What I do is use Dropbox, it works for me and could work for you. They have a great app and I can easily add files from my phone OR computer

6. msp1518 Oct 22, 2014

I will check it out, thanks.

7. msp1518 Oct 22, 2014

No good. Easy to upload, but impossible to download, unless I do it one picture at a time. For hundreds of pictures/ Not a chance. I'll be at it for hours.

There is something about Favorites but in trying it I find it doesn't work. None of those favorited pictures download. I am honestly ready to smash this phone with a hammer. It was difficult enough getting my ringtones, but being completely prevented from adding my pictures is ball to the walls infuriating. it should be this damned difficult. What is it with Apple trying to make things HARDER for their customers?

8. Fusion Oct 22, 2014

Yes, if you have slow internet Dropbox will take a little bit to sync with your computer and iPhone but just leave it overnight and you're good. Same thing with favorites. If you favorite it the file will be saved for offline viewing. It works great for me, sorry it doesn't work for you. I might try posting on macrumors forums for ideas.