Forums Latest Members

privileges required even for WTB section?!?

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 28, 2014

There is a good ol saying....

"You don't ask, you don't get"

Providing you have some form of positive transaction on here you will be fine and that member can vouch your good.

Having an internet meltdown gets you nowhere ;)

2. msp1518 Sep 28, 2014

Whoa whoa... That wasn't a meltdown. A meltdown was when my internet went down for the sixth time in five days last week. Oh boy, was I melting down, lol!

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 28, 2014

No I was not saying you in person ;) don't worry

4. Fusion Sep 30, 2014

Yeah... I have 100+ 100% eBay feed back and feedback on WUS but no Omega feedback. Looks like I will not be posting here for a couple years but I understand.

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Ah now you know my offer was also a figment of my imagination,too :D

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Guys, seriously,
    I think the mods have already stated openly if you have legit back up all you need to do is contact them and they will granted exception. I already saw several guys done this successfully. ::confused2::

dennisthemenace likes this.
  7. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2014

8. dragoman Sep 30, 2014

I could count myself among the negatively affected by this new measure, but nevertheless, I feel the mod team deserves an accolade for caring so much for the safety of the forum.

I feel relieved in knowing that they are ready to do what it takes to nip a scam attack in the bud. I am pretty sure that the mod team would have had an easier life if they had just shrugged and said "take care with newbies or scammers". Instead they are ready to withstand the shitstorm that no doubt these measures will cause.

I always liked the community dimension of this forum (even though I don't post so often here), and I appreciate the effort to keep us safe from scammers. If it means that I have to wait another year to sell my first watch here (anywhere, actually), so be it.

9. destroid Oct 1, 2014

These seem to be reasonable measures with exceptions to handle special cases as needed. I'm a newcomer and was suprised how open things were compared to some of the automotive forums I'm on. Probably because one wheel or part may cost as much as a nice watch!

One problem to consider is that the signal to noise ratio of posts goes down as folks try to bump their post count up to reach the privilege tiers. When I'm doing due diligence on a buyer or seller I like to see real posts that contribute to the knowledge or discussion. Too many "kewl!" or "agree!" posts are suspect. The like button can handle this better than a post.

10. Fusion Oct 1, 2014

One car may cost as much was one watch

FTFY :O