Forums Latest Members

SOLD PRICE DROP - Vintage Omega Seamaster ref. 198.0016 f300 120m Electronic Diver Silver Dial

1. tomvox1 Jan 27, 2015

Selling part of a friend's collection with my 100% backing. I am in possession of the watch and will handle the shipping; payment will go directly to him.
    Omegaf300DiverSilver-lng_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-6_edited-1.jpg
    Up for sale is this rare 1970s Omega reference 198.0016 Seamaster f300Hz Electronic Chronometer 120m diver with gorgeous Near Mint silver dial. This is the much harder to find f300 120m diver model with non-integrated bracelet construction and so can be worn on conventional straps. This one comes on a great vintage Tropic-style strap with genuine Omega-signed steel buckle. This classic electronic Omega diver features a screw down crown and rotating bezel and is in Excellent overall vintage condition. This great Seamaster f300 also comes with a 2008 service certificate from the Omega-approved Swiss Time Services in England and my watchmaker just cleaned it and installed a new crown & tube (a million thanks to our own Archer for giving me the correct bloody part numbers! :thumbsup: ), as well as a brand new battery. The watch will therefore come with a 6-month movement warranty for all normal non-abusive use. With its superior build quality, the rugged functionality of an original depth rating of 120 meters and super cool electronic movement, this Seamaster f300 diver represents awesome 70s vintage style on the wrist.

The asking price for this rare Vintage Omega Seamaster f300 in outstanding original condition is now further DROPPED to just $999 USD OBRO, including fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire preferred but Paypal is OK on this transaction with +2% to the buyer. Payment must be made directly to my consignor in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.
    Omegaf300DiverSilver-3_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-1_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-7_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-4_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-2_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-bk_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-move_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-innrbk_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-crwn_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-sd_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-paps_edited-1.jpg Omegaf300DiverSilver-5_edited-1.jpg
    CASE & CASEBACK: Large and heavy 41mm wide (not including crown) x 46mm long x 12mm tall curved tonneau steel case appears unpolished with all edges and bevels sharp and the original satin finish present. What makes this case special is that while the large majority of Omega's f300 divers have integrated bracelet construction this model is designed for conventional straps. There are some minor scratches and one or two nicks to the sides--still easily Excellent vintage condition for a 40-year-old tool watch. The 4 grub screws beneath the lugs, which I have to admit are a mystery to me (bezel assembly?), are present and in good condition. The outer caseback shows slightly more wear with some tool marks/scratches and there is a shallow engraving of a previous owner's initials & date of birth. But the Seamaster symbol is very crisp--externally Very Good cosmetic condition. The inner caseback has no corrosion and shows all the correct original Omega nomenclature of the period, including the proper reference number and "movement licensed from Bulova/ESA" acknowledgement.

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely Near Mint and stunning original silver dial with 2-tone contrasting finish to highlight the minute track. The only flaw that I can detect, if you can call it that, is that under a loupe it appears that some of the very small inlaid luminous squares at the tips of the applied bar markers have disintegrated over the years. Not something one can really notice with the naked eye and certainly does not detract from the beauty of this dial, IMO. Framed-in-red Omega logo at "12", framed date at "3" and all original applied markers, dial text and hash marks are present. The correct black-highlighted luminous hour and minute hands are also Near Mint with minimal signs of age, as is the very smoothly rotating red baton sweep seconds hand. This is a great looking original silver dial that really pops and is ultra-legible at a glance.

CROWN: Newly installed genuine Omega screw down crown is Mint. As a correct new tube was also installed (thanks again, Archer!), the crown screws down tightly to the case and pulls out to the quickset date and hacking time setting position as it should. The cool thing about the quickset date on this watch is that you can set it in both directions and without interrupting the timekeeping.

CRYSTAL: Flat mineral crystal sits correctly flush to the bezel and is Mint with no real marks to speak of.

BEZEL: Original thick ratcheting bidirectional rotating elapsed time bezel is tight and clean with sharp, well-defined knurling and only one small ding near "40"--easily Excellent. The original black & white acrylic inlay is also quite clean with one or two small marks and one crack at the luminous "12" triangle, likewise Excellent condition.

MOVEMENT: Cult favorite Omega cal. 1250 12-jewel tuning fork movement with a 32 million serial number (ca. 1970) has just been cleaned and lubricated with a new battery installed and is pleasantly humming away. The watch is running well and keeping good time with proper date advancement. Guaranteed for 6-months of normal, non-abusive use.

STRAP & BUCKLE: As mentioned above, the beauty of the 198.0016 model is that it takes conventional straps & bracelets with 20mm ends instead of being affixed to an integrated bracelet. The watch is currently on a wonderful lightly used black vintage Tropic-style rubber strap, complimenting it perfectly. Nicer still, the strap also has a modern genuine Omega stainless steel tang buckle installed.

EXTRAS: This great Omega Seamaster will come with a 2008 certificate of service from Swiss Time Services, an Omega-approved service center in the UK. It details the work done on the watch including a complete overhaul and represents a nice added bit of provenance.

As a matter of policy I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form. Have it tested if you want to use it as a diver or for any other aquatic activities.

This great Vintage Omega Seamaster f300 120m is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

Edited Feb 10, 2015
  2. tomvox1 Jan 31, 2015

Now REDUCED on Omega Forums first to $1175 USD OBRO! :thumbsup:
    Best,
    T.

3. tomvox1 Feb 4, 2015

Now further REDUCED to just $1095 USD OBRO!
    Best,
    T.

4. tomvox1 Feb 10, 2015

Price now DROPPED to just $999 USD OBRO!
    Best,
    T.