Forums Latest Members

Possible 68 birth year chronostop.. Do dings make a difference.. Help..

1. simonaus Jul 24, 2014

After some advice here on narrowing down a 68 birth year purchase i have found this possibility way too quickly for my normal purchasing habits..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-...8480?pt=AU_Watches&hash=item20e9466630&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

to be honest i don't know what i should be looking for in one of these.
    i only started looking a few days ago and came across the above already
    way too soon as I generally don't like to rush anything
    i haven't had any where near long enough to do my research, but this will possibly fall easily within my budget of around 2 grand.. Its going to be one of my regular daily watches..
    And its in aus which makes it super easy for me as well, for shipping, import taxes etc..

as for buying vintage i have no problem paying premium for a birth year if its an honest all original watch
    problem being i don't know if it is, and if the dings on it should make a difference to value or even a purchase decision..
    i don't even know if the movement is a reliable workhorse either..
    the lack of a recent service is a small alarm bell to me, but i don't know if it should be for that movement..
    ( i have other vintage non omegas that get serviced every few years and i only wear them about twice a year, so that should say what sort of guy i am..)

I'm all too deep all too soon, but seeing its a birth year i don't want to miss out either
    prices seem to vary greatly for these on the quality - i just don't know if this is
    just seems too easy to find something so quickly in a birth year, hence my caution

any help or advice is going to be gratefully appreciated..