Forums Latest Members
  1. Ray916MN Dec 13, 2014

What's everyone think? Particularly wondering about the "C" case crown area. Already bought, but the seller is 100% reputable so I'm not particularly concerned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sulaco Dec 16, 2014

It´s a c-shape case, a version i still miss in my collection.
    Unfortunately, dial and hands are service parts.

Bezel looks pretty nice. great patina.

3. Ray916MN Dec 16, 2014

Thanks for the input. All the comments on the Internet about C cases being faked and the C being extraordinarily pronounced concerned me. It is too bad the dial and hands are service items but the seller disclosed this so no big deal. The original dial is coming with the watch, but unfortunately has an excess of patina.....
    [​IMG]

maton12 likes this.
  4. sulaco Dec 17, 2014

Very patinated i would say, but i guess it would still has the same colored Patina as the bezel has. I have a spare Tritium dial, also not very good
    but better as yours, maybe you are interested

5. Ray916MN Dec 17, 2014

Very patinated is great way to describe that dial. Still waiting for the watch to arrive and then I'll have to decide which way to go with it, restoration or original untouched. The problem with going original untouched is the likelihood of finding matching hands and an aged bracelet is low and in the end the watch becomes less wearable. Of course too much patination is as much a value killer as too much restoration.....

6. sulaco Dec 17, 2014

Whatever you do if you restore it con´t refinish the case, it still looks very sharp. The easiest way is to buy a service bezel, that will match the service dial and hands. keep the dial and original bezel in a safe place. But i bet the dial would look good in combination with the bezel.
    For the hands.... i also have some sets of vintage hands left.
    ;)

7. cristos71 Dec 17, 2014

Have to agree here, I think the original dial, although very aged, would be an big improvement on the new/old miss match as the watch now is. The bezel looks great so I think that would compensate for the heavy dial `patina`.

I would also take Sulaco up on the offer of the aged hands too, one never knows when such items could again be found and these opportunities are not to be missed!

8. Ray916MN Dec 17, 2014

Hmmmm. Already looked at getting another bezel. Wanna PM me with pics of the dial and hands along and let me know how much you want for them?