Forums Latest Members

Please, some advice needed

1. feri Apr 30, 2014

Hello, I am new in the forum, and also new in the Zenith vintage watches world. Today, I was offered this beauty and I loved it immediately. Simple, classy, clean dial, beautiful hands, an above all, so elegant! But...I have no idea about what model / reference / movement / year is. So, if any of you can give me some information, I will be more than grateful.
    Thank you all in advance!

20140424_001740.jpg 20140424_223439.jpg 20140430_220659.jpg
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 30, 2014

I'd say late 1950s, early 1960s, but I'd also say it is a refinished dial. Season your eye a little, and you will find an more original one without much trouble.

3. feri May 2, 2014

Thank you so much, Lou. I am surprised about the dial is refinished. I could have never suspected it. Just to learn, how did you notice it?
    Thank you again!
    Best regards

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 3, 2014

The silvered sunray pattern in the finish is atypical for the period, the printing of the logo strikes me as too light, and the markers of the subdial are poorly centered. Zenith also tends to put a little different-pattern finish in the subdial - this one is homogenous with the rest of the dial. Also, no "Swiss Made" that I can see.

5. feri May 3, 2014

Thank you again. I could not see what you see, but now I can see it, specially the markers and the similar patern finish in the sub dial. Thank you again!

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 4, 2014

You are welcome. That's what we're here for (well, we are actually here to ogle watches in other people's collections) - it's better that you ask before you spend the money.

7. feri May 4, 2014

I do really appreciate your advice. It helps me to learn and save money too. Many thanks again