Forums Latest Members

PLEASE READ: NEW SECURITY MEASURES FOR THE SALES SECTIONS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2014

Gentleman,

In the light of recent events of a few members being scammed we have decided to introduce a few measures for ALL of the sales forum Sections. A few of you have discovered that you cannot post in the sales section like you used to be able to.

While we want to keep the forum as open as possible we have to introduce these measures to safe guard our community from these scammers.

The new conditions are:
    • Minimum post count of 200 posts is now required to post in ANY of the sales forums.
    • A Link to 2 recent feedback on sales or purchases when listing a watch, part of WTB thread should you have feedback. (Dealers Exempt)
    • Keep all communication to PM in respect to a deal rather than email. You can of course openly discuss the item in question publicly.
    • Payment through PayPal is recommended & which must be a verified account (with the exception of respected dealers where a bank transfer can be done) the two parties will have to agree of the fee's. REMEMBER Gift payments cannot be recalled once sent!
    While we understand these measures might frustrate a few members they are for the overall good of the forum and are in place to protect not just us all, but the reputation and integrity of this great forum.

If you have any concerns or a dispute about previous dealings and description accuracy, promises, shipping, etc that can be brought up in the seller feedback section. Please do not post this in the regular forums.

If you need to reach out to any forum moderator please feel free to do so with any questions you might have. If you feel you have listed items and you can no longer see these listings and have feedback to which we can manually add you to these forums please let us know, the feedback has to be from THIS FORUM with FORUM MEMBERS. We will look at your feedback and decide appropriately. This is for under 200 posts.

Thank you for reading and understanding.

2. Fretworker Sep 26, 2014

I do understand the need for these measures, it's tragic that even the OF has been infiltrated by scammers and cheats. I do find it a little frustrating that after so much time hovering on the fringes of a discussion thread I should joint in one to share my concerns about a suspicious sale offer that I had been involved with and now end up being generally excluded as a security measure. However I acknowledge that integrity is all, or the forum will be irredeemably corrupted and I support these steps unreservedly and uncomplainingly. Who knows, given time, expertise and an evening course in sarcasm and badinage I might even begin to make a useful contribution.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 26, 2014

Badinage ... quite the recherché noun!

Are, perchance, you both an Omega enthusiast and sesquipedalian?

A sesquipedalian's badinage can be quite piquant.

See? You've been useful already!:p

cassius66 and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  4. Fretworker Sep 26, 2014

Oh damn, I meant bandaging, I want to be a first aider when I grow up . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . andwhyusesuchalongincomprehensiblewordwhenashortonewillusuallydoaswell?

cassius66 likes this.
  5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 26, 2014

Using small words can make people fall in love with you, best not take and chances :cautious:

cassius66 and JohnSteed like this.
  6. Fretworker Sep 26, 2014

Well, to quote one of the greatest philosophers and free thinkers of the western world, Tina Turner, what's love got to do with it?

7. Ferik Sep 26, 2014

I can't even reply to my own sales thread though...

And I can't reply to other people's sales threads to ask questions

200 posts seems high as do the other criteria. I am not looking to scam anyone and have bought watches through here & WUS but this will probably prevent me from selling here unless I want to just reply to 130 more posts "Booya!", "You go girl!", "High 5" and other meaningless participation.

chulyquang, Geezer, hosaey and 5 others like this.
  8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 26, 2014

We may be sarcastic, but bondage is not tolerated, .....usually!

Fret, all is well, just ask the mod's for anything you want to do, good people will be in, hopefully, bad people will be out!
    I really feel that we are just taking our keys out of the car ignition instead of leaving them in!

I ask everyone not to overreact and just make simple observations and polite requests and all will be good.

marco likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 26, 2014

Report for you lashings on Oct 1. You can pick-up your bindings at the door. :whipped:

JohnSteed and Bumper like this.
  10. Fretworker Sep 26, 2014

Hi Buck, just to interject a slightly serious note (and interrupt your bawdy bandage bondage badinage with cicindela) I support entirely what the mods are doing - we can all see the new measures are for our overall benefit - even while we take issue with the details. I've had restored the keys to the ignition already and I'll be up and running with the best/worst of you in due course, cheers

UncleBuck likes this.
  11. speedbird Sep 26, 2014

As I said in the other thread, I fully support this.

12. Deldog Sep 27, 2014

I support the measures as well and have seen similar precautions yield good results elsewhere. Unfortunately, I fall on the sharp end of these. I have two sales threads that went up before these precautions. I'd like to edit them. Any chance? Thanks. ... Deldog

DLT222

13. PatrickJ Apr 25, 2015

p
    Could watches being sold be veted by key staff members to ensure they are real, not frankens or redials? So a novice or intermediate could buy in peace.

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 25, 2015

While I sympathize with your intent, the Mods are not and will not be sales police for forum sellers. If there are issues of misrepresentation that are brought to our private attention (not in someones sales post) we will examine the problem. If you have issues of value it is up to you to seek out information needed to make an informed decision. You are welcome to make inquiries to knowledgeable members via PM, who may be willing to advise you, there are many. All staff are willing to be consulted on sales outside of the forum, as long as the member does not over use the courtesy. In some cases a Mod may be willing to give a private opinion on a forum watch, I for one will not make a judgement on member's sale items public or private unless there are major issues.

15. PatrickJ Apr 25, 2015

Yes. I didn't think of that. We are all members, so any concerns can be addressed to veteran members by PM of course.

16. bill5959 Apr 25, 2015

OK now you're just using German to show off. Here,s to the mods. :D

17. blubarb Jul 9, 2015

Certainly agree with these measures. My problem is that I have never sold a watch before online or otherwise (lots of eBay purchases and a few sales) so how can I ever comply with point 2 (references) if I want to sell my Omega on this forum, which would be the obvious forum for selling an Omega watch? Is this a Catch 22?

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2015

Shoot me a PM and we'll try to figure it out.

19. ethanross Jan 21, 2016

I agree. A few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch. I have a watch I want to sell, and would like it to go to an enthusiast. But I'm new to the forum and can't list it here :(

reficul_x likes this.
  20. ethanross Jan 21, 2016

I agree. I'm by no means a merchant. I'm a regular dude and full time law student. I just sold my m3 on e46 fanatics forum. It was the smoothest, most pleasant transaction I could have asked for. I had the car checked out a local BMW mechanic. I would do the same if I was selling a watch. I'd take it to the local authorized dealer (omega, Rolex etc.) to be verified. I'm not trying to rip anyone off I just want take take care of my business quickly and efficiently.

Divemann and reficul_x like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.