Forums Latest Members

Please help - Need a stainless band for vintage Seamaster Cosmic 2000

1. MikeyFig Nov 14, 2014

Hi, everybody. My name is Mike and I am new to this forum so please excuse any mistakes.
    I recently entered the Omega world by purchasing a beautiful blue-faced Seamaster Cosmic 2000 from the 1970s. However, it came on an aftermarket leather strap. I MUCH prefer stainless bands (especially Jubilee bracelets) and I'm looking for one that would not be too expensive that would still fit this watch.
    I believe this watch has 20mm lugs (although verification would be greatly appreciated).
    I do not care if the stainless bracelet is Omega.
    Thank you for your help!

IMG_3290.jpeg IMG_4787.jpeg
    JimInOz likes this.
  2. Hijak Nov 14, 2014

On the back of your leather strap should be a number, 18R, 20R...something like that, this will be your lug size in mm. And by the way I think that watch looks fantastic on that blue strap!:thumbsup:

3. Jimos Nov 14, 2014

New here as well Mike. I can't speak to the quality of these products, as I have not purchased from them yet, but I have e-mailed and have received product info from them. They respond very quickly and they look to have quite a few offerings for metal bracelets. I think they're out of Charlotte NC.
    http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/

Cheers, Jimos

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 14, 2014

5. MikeyFig Nov 15, 2014

Thank you, everybody, for your help! I will look into everything you have recommended!