Forums Latest Members
  1. highway320 Apr 15, 2014

I believe this was a watch of my Dad's. I do not know when or where he got it. I don't recall him wearing it ever. Currently has a low quality leather band on it, perhaps he had been considering wearing it again?
    Anyway, my mother gave it to me, and she wondered if it was worth us keeping or selling?
    I wound it last night, and it looks to be about an hour slow now.
    I hope these pics come out decent enough....thank you for any assistance.

DSC00129.JPG DSC00130.JPG DSC00131.JPG DSC00132.JPG
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 15, 2014

This is a ref DD 6850 from the American collection. It looks genuine and overall good condition. Probably needs a basic service to start running again as it should.
    Value is mostly in the gold. Not a big market for these which tend to be on the small size. I would assume scrap + 100$

3. highway320 Apr 15, 2014

Thank you, Joe. For some reason I could not find it using the omega database.
    Do you know when it may have been made?
    How would I know the gold weight/content?
    Is the case solid 14k?
    Thank you again.

4. ulackfocus Apr 15, 2014

The serial number is in the 42 million range if I'm reading it correctly off the movement. That would make it around 1979. It's a solid 14K watch, otherwise it would say it was rolled gold plated or gold filled.

You couldn't find it on the database because many of the US made case references don't show up there.

5. highway320 Apr 15, 2014

Very helpful, thank you so much!