Forums Latest Members

Plastic zip-up watch pouches

1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 13, 2014

I can understand that, Melbourne is a bit different to GC on the humidity scale.

You could use a sheet of watchmaker paper if you have any medallions or other parts that could combine with plastic.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 13, 2014

Try living in Darwin

Google - silica gel capsules

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 17, 2014

PVC was the Devil when I collected trading cards. The 9-card pages would discolor the cards in them. What a project it was to switch to non-PVC pages!
    Will these PVC zip-lock bags mess with plastic crystals? Or bands?

4. JohnSteed Apr 17, 2014

:eek:

5. woodwkr2 Apr 17, 2014

It's how all the watch sellers down in the diamond district in NYC store their multi-thousand dollar Rolexes and Pateks....

It kind of looks chintzey, to be honest, you're looking in the store front displays and they have these gorgeous watches that they don't even bother to take out of the plastic. Guess it's a convenience thing for them, because they pack the whole store front into their massive safe before leaving each night.

I've got to think that UV light in the store front + PVC/Vinyl/whatever that stuff is = worst case scenario. If it was causing problems with their inventory, they wouldn't be using it anymore.

Doesn't mean you're not right, Time Exposure, just my observations.

6. JohnSteed Apr 17, 2014

Convenience...Likely.

I passed by there early one morning and all, all, display window were empty. So as they clear out every evening and set up EACH morning, must be protection to use those see thru thingies, no fingerprints ... yada yada ... I'd guess