Forums Latest Members
  1. kendrick May 23, 2013

Respectable members,
    In 3 weeks I am flying out to Paris/Normandy to meet my girlfriends parents for the first time. I am vacationing for 11 days, (June 14-25) so I should have ample time to complete my engagements. This is far from my first time to Paris, but I am new Normandy.

After I have taken care of the formalities, I would love to try and sneak off and get in some horology based activities. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any points of interest? whether they be shops, dealers, ect... I would love to pick up a watch to commemorate the trip.

I would happily take any general recommendations, as well.

I noticed that we seem to have quite a few french speakers on the forum. If anyone is free and up for grabbing a drink; I would be happy to accommodate.

Starting to get excited about the trip, especially after watching 'Midnight in Paris' last night.

Cheers,
    Kendrick

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 23, 2013

Bonsoire Kendrick,

Hope you generate some information, I have often toured in Normandy area and unfortunately no watch interest to be found.
    Brocante in my opinion is to close to the tourist areas and as a result prices are generally high.
    Would like to be proven wrong as I will be in the area next week, if I strike lucky i'll be sure to leave you a gem or two :)

3. kendrick May 23, 2013

You sir, are a gentleman;) I am crossing my fingers for the Blue on Blue SMP 300 limited to the french market. I believe forum member styggpyggeno1 / JE has one?.

As someone who frequents the area, would you have any favorite spots in the Normandy region?

4. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank May 23, 2013

Their are a number antique shops near Alençon, some may have a watch or two of interest.

Also on the first Saturday of every month the Alençon Flea Market is held on the pavements surrounding the Halle au Blé, Alençon.

Enjoy!

5. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 24, 2014

I know the above was written a long time ago and I just found it now by chance - googling another thing.

"I am crossing my fingers for the Blue on Blue SMP 300 limited to the french market. I believe forum member styggpyggeno1 / JE has one?"

I want to point out that my "Super Bleu" was a franken watch that I got built from OEM parts based om my idea that it would be a nice looking watch - a watch Omega should have made but never did. There has never been a limited edition "french market blue on blue SMP 300". That was something I joked about - here on the forum. Not for real. I do not remember the context but it was not meant as anything other than a prank. Not to be taken seriously. It would not be good if this wrong info spread.

regards
    JE

[​IMG]

KCScott likes this.
  6. KCScott Jan 24, 2014

Is it simply an electric blue SM with a blue replacement bezel? I like it a lot.

7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 25, 2014

Could have been and that is basicly what it takes - but mine was a "Bond" that I bought an "Electric blue" dial and hands to.

NOT a limited french edition. As I wrote - in a thread here on the forum I joked with somebody that the only version Seamaster Pro he lacked was the "Super Bleu" french market... bla...bla... bla.

Somehow someone thought it was the real deal. It would be unfortunate if it caught on and became a "truth" - that is why I bumped the thread when I found it.

regards

8. MattS Jan 25, 2014

Hi there,

Beware, Paris is a scary place when it comes to temptations!...what are you more interested in so we can give you some tips!...

Matt

9. KCScott Jan 25, 2014

Stygg do you have more pictures of that watch?

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 25, 2014

Well, I guess then, the only fair thing to do is for you to sell your watch to Kendrick. :whistling:

11. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 26, 2014

"KCScott - Stygg do you have more pictures of that watch?"

Sure - here are some:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KCScott likes this.
  12. KCScott Jan 26, 2014

Thank you. Simply elegant. Your right they should have built that one. I hope you won't be offended if another like it appears some day.

13. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 26, 2014

Thanks and of course not. I am just surprised there are not more of them around as it is an easy conversion. Mine is sold but I keep track of it (it has been sold again). I might get one built again if the right watch to the right price emerges.
    Good luck and regards
    JE

14. KCScott Jan 26, 2014

I have always thought a Great White would look nice with a black bezel as well.