Forums Latest Members

Our last game of the season.

1. ulackfocus Sep 8, 2014

Boy, was it a nice night! We paid to upgrade our tickets, moving 4 sections closer to home plate and 20 rows down. Nice view!

IMG_0065.JPG

We filled up on enough ballpark junk food to last us the winter. Schmitter sandwiches, Chickie & Pete's crab fries with extra cheese, hot dogs..... the works. But that wasn't the highlight - we were paid a visit by the best mascot in sports!

IMG_0083.JPG

He was having fun with the kids in front of us, but when he saw the guy sitting next to us in a Pirate's shirt the real game started.

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

First, the Phanatic harassed him, then the guy threatened to have the Pirate Parrot kick the Phanatic's ass (which cracked everyone up).

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

He came our way for some help heckling him.....

IMG_0131.JPG

..... and the climbed over the seats, pausing to 'teabag' the Pirate's fan and then get right behind him and cover his head.

IMG_0133.JPG

He spotted another potential victim a few rows back and moved on.

IMG_0128.JPG

Now THAT was fun! Too bad the Phillies lost, but now we know for sure we want to upgrade in the next year or two.

cristos71 likes this.
  2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 8, 2014

Crab fries! Such a thing exists? I must have some!

kyle L likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 8, 2014

Best thing I learned (Homerism) about this post: your seats have cup holders :eek:

I'll have to suggest it to our stadium managers!

Anybody know a manufacturer who can supply about 95,000 cup holders for the MCG, and another 53,000 for Etihad Stadium? :D

::beer::

4. ulackfocus Sep 8, 2014

::confused2::

There are a couple types. The ones served in Citizen's Bank Park are crinkle cut and sprinkled with Old Bay, then you dip them in a white cheese sauce. The ones served in Camden Yards are waffle cut fries with a gooey crab sauce that's something like crab a la king. Both are good, but in Baltimore they actually use crab meat.

..... and yes, you should try some!

Yes they do! In Philly, we do many things with beer. It's part of our charm, and why the old Veteran's Stadium 700 level fans have their bad reputation.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 9, 2014

Really, no cup holders at the MCG? The last time I was in the MCG was 1988 I think (footy - Melbourne and Collingwood if memory serves) and they didn't have them then, but seriously every stadium and hockey rink I go to here has them...you guys need to upgrade into the 1990's sometime soon eh?

6. peatnick Sep 9, 2014

Nice seats, my daughter and I sat just above the out of town score board when attending the last businessman special.

[​IMG]

Another Phil's loss but had an exciting finish as Chase came of the bench to pinch hit in the bottom of 9th and hit what looked like a game tying homer into our section! Sadly a fan reached into the field of play with his cap and interfered making it a ground rule double ...

7. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Sep 12, 2014

You have one of those too? The bloody things are everywhere - must be some kind of a fast-food franchise.

No cup holders at Lords or Anfield thank you very much.

8. ulackfocus Sep 12, 2014

Section 106. We had seats there for the playoffs a few years back. Not a bad view at all!

Our first tickets were the exact opposite side of the stadium - next to the Pat Burrell pole.

9. peatnick Sep 12, 2014

Pat was a real Met killer . . .

10. ctime3 Sep 12, 2014

Went tonight. God game. Let's hope Mr. Hillock rattles the cages in the off season.

11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Sep 13, 2014

Shame on you!!!!! X's a million billion

Sunny in Philadelphia.

"you big leaguing me, man!?!?"

"At first, Charlie was reluctant to bring out the Green Man and only does so because he has taken acid. Later Charlie began to take Green Man much more seriously as a mascot and even challenged the Philly Phanatic for mascot rights at the World Series. Charlie also tries to make Green Man famous by dancing in Dee's YouTube videos dressed as Green Man."

image.jpg
  12. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Sep 13, 2014

great zeitgeist of recent American culture, bitches! That's why we rules the world. America just keeps aiming lower and lower...just try and beat us at that!

j/ k. ! Btw / i know it was a year ago but isn't it great sitting right on top of a major league game? You can hear the baseball cutting the nightime air and listen to the different sounds of cut fastballs (splitters) and the way a 12 to 6 curve just rips into the catchers mitt...zzzzzzzz...crack!! Baseball and borseracing are the (2) best sounding sports, by far. Horse racing is just visceral ! And, beautiful.

13. ulackfocus Sep 13, 2014

.... and David Wright was a real Phillie killer. Too bad Pat and Dave didn't play up to that level against other teams or the Phillies and Mets would have had even better records.