Forums Latest Members
  1. ojpzl Jul 25, 2014

So besides Omega Forums, where do most people go looking for watches/have accounts? I'm pretty new to this whole watch collector's forum thing (see my accidental FS thread >.<) and I was wondering where else people go!

2. repoman Jul 25, 2014

rolexforums.com is very popular

3. Pasbru Jul 25, 2014

It was a quite famous first thread..watchuseek.com, timezone.com, uk timezone, watchnet.com, MWR, there are many out there..but there's a few....good luck

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 25, 2014

There's other watch forums?? ::confused2::

watchme, Varasc, Northernman and 4 others like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 25, 2014

There is other forums,?!?::jumpy:: Don't you hate it when someone has beat you to a post by a minute.....Great minds Cicindela. Z

6. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 1, 2014

There are none with as fine a membership as this forum. But now that my interest has shifted to Rolex, I find the previously mentioned rolexforums.com fairly useful. They have what seem to me to be collectors with a knowledge to match their passion, whereas watchuseek.com has more immature "fanboys."

panamavin, sgireland, lenny and 4 others like this.
  7. Baco Noir Aug 1, 2014

Another smaller forum that discusses a wire variety of brands from Swatch to Omega/Rolex to AP is WristWatchForums.com. I'm a member there as well as TRF and WUS, but mainly lurk on the latter two.

8. ulackfocus Aug 1, 2014

Other forums? Why bother? ;)

watchme, Georgieboy58 and UncleBuck like this.
  9. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 1, 2014

watchuseek, timezone, and purist pro (watchprosite) are all worth checking out

10. JohnSteed Aug 1, 2014

oder forums, nah ::puke::

11. Icaras Aug 2, 2014

The swedish forum Klocksnack (which means "watchtalk") and Rolexforums.

12. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 2, 2014

It depends. If you want to learn about 105.003 dials, then its here.

If you want to know if your new Aqua Terra makes you look fat, then Watchuseek has really headed down that alley for the last few months

No offence, but if you have to ask, I already know the answer to the question you really should be asking.

ulackfocus likes this.
  13. speedbird Aug 2, 2014

I'm a member at TRF with over 8,000 posts after 7 years of membership. Once I realized there were other brands out there I branched out.

TRF and VRF are the best sources for Rolex information. VRF will have the best vintage information and the most reliable. TRF is a broad swath.

WUS can be good for info but you have to wade through the self-proclaimed "experts" to find the truth

TZ I rarely visit anymore. Their old style makes it hard to use

The two top bookmarks are TRF and this place right here. I put my bandwidth where my mouth is.

14. Davidt Aug 2, 2014

I browsed a number of forums when I first started and it quickly became obvious that if your interested in Omega, this is the one to join.

Some good info on other forums but you often have to sieve through a lot to find them.

speedbird likes this.
  15. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 2, 2014

Vintage Watch Forums (particularly for American brands), NAWCC.org Message Boards, and Military Watch Resources are also very good.
    gatorcpa

Darlinboy likes this.
  16. ulackfocus Aug 2, 2014

We call that the signal to noise ratio.

If you consider detailed information and help on specific models signal, and threads like "I have $xxxx to spend, which watch should I buy?", "Brand X versus Brand Y", "What car is like what watch?", and "What cheap homage looks like the _________?" noise then here is your place. Virtually no noise like that happens here, and we haze anyone who tries banal topics like that.

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 3, 2014

Been a member of many forums, and have left several due to the way they are run, changes in ownership, etc. I usually find the larger forums are not as pleasant to be members of. Brand specific forums are good for that brand, but often provide little else to talk about (not referring to this forum, but another I am a member of).

What sort of discussion you like depends on what your interests are with watches. Not everyone wants the sort of details that true collectors do, or the sort of technical discussions that I like for example, so what is one man's "noise" is another's "signal." If I consider it noise, I just ignore it.

I have seen forums die, some grow a lot and change considerably (mostly for the worse) as a result, so after a while you tend not to get too caught up in what a forum is like, because inevitably it will change, and it might not be to your liking. Having said that I have made what I consider life long friends on a couple of forums, so there's always good and bad for sure.

Many of the issues on forums are people who become moderators for what seem to be all the wrong reasons, and they seem to get drunk with power, or feel they need to be able to answer every question, even if they have to just make up the answers. The way this place is run, with minimal moderation, is quite good!

Cheers, Al

watchme, Tire-comedon, Icaras and 4 others like this.