Forums Latest Members
  1. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

Hi all,

I am keen on the following 2 watch as well but I am not sure of its authenticity, would appreciate any opinion on how should I evaluate the watches. I have read through the sticky thread and based on my limited knowledge and experience, am I safe to assume the 2 watch are somewhat real vintage omega watch and not some fake or franken ones?

OMEGA SEAMASTER 1955 VINTAGE AUTO 500

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the 2nd watch

VINTAGE OMEGA SEAMASTER AUTOMATIC 1010 DATE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would really appreciate your opinion and thoughts!

jcarel likes this.
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 27, 2014

Both look nice and original.

The first one is preferred because it has SS case which is better than a 20 mic gold plated case (#2). Better movement, too.

The only problem with the #1 is the second hand, it's a bit too long and should be the same length as the minute hand.

3. Supermansam Apr 27, 2014

The second hand does look longer than it should be. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guess its not easy to find a decent vintage watch, especially when I am new to this field.

4. alvaropinto Apr 27, 2014

Hi there,
    You should't worry about the second hand. I have a very similar watch and also had to have this replaced and that was easy. In this case, the hand looks Omega original but just to long for this dial, you can easily have it cut to the right length. All the rest looks ok. Nice watch with great movement!

5. Supermansam Apr 28, 2014

Thanks for the advice!

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 28, 2014

The second one has some lovely lint and fingerprints all over the rotor...both will likely need service, but the second one would raise more red flags for me because of the way it's been handled.

Cheers, Al