Forums Latest Members
  1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 21, 2014

Deluxe Connie? did you get it?

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2014

Nope, but a member here did :D Nice guy name of Hijak

3. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 21, 2014

I have seen that watch in person that is one hell of a watch too bad i missed it....

well its good to be on hunting... Gold Connie and Gold Speedy hopefully... i will find one

4. JM251 Sep 21, 2014

I'd like to see one or both :rolleyes: of your GL's in the wruw thread!

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2014

I understand he wears them all at once :D

6. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 21, 2014

I never wore my YG but i wore RG couple of times for very special occasions.. Will take a pic next time....

I do wear my C Connie once in a while and i have it at home.... I still feel bad for C Connies they don't get as much appreciation on forums as the regular Connies but i personally feel they are master pieces in their own right

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 21, 2014

As Gerald Genta original design, it should get better recognition. Compare to Patek Nautilus, AP Royal Oak, VC Overseas or even UG polerouter. Probably that's the problem, C shape does not get its own moniker.

8. JM251 Sep 21, 2014

I've considered that since my forearms are skinny enough to stack 'em up. Just gotta build up my biceps first :whistling:
    I have to admit I wore mine the day I got it and selectively about half a dozen times since. It's a hoot cause nobody and I mean nobody I come across has seen anything like it. A great conversation piece.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 21, 2014

I bet it is !!! Not even Rolex daydate president bracelet has aura like GL+ brick bracelet

10. JM251 Sep 21, 2014

IMO from a design standpoint the c connie is an unfortunate miscue typical of the1960's modernist stylistic movement. Could it be a manifestation whether conscious or subconscious of the world's overwhelming curiosity and fascination with ufo's and flying saucers during that time? It really reminds me of something out of the Jetsons. I guess in fairness it makes sense being a watch of the stars just pales in comparison to what was the high water mark of 1950's pie pan connies.

11. Littleroger Oct 1, 2014

I got an email from his wife recently after enquiring about his health. She said he was very ill at the time and would contact me when out of hospital. I haven't heard anything yet I'm afraid.

12. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Oct 1, 2014

I feel sad to hear that .... Hopefully he will recover fast.
    i always liked his posts ... Very unique
    my prayers are with him... Please keep us posted