Forums Latest Members
  1. ConElPueblo Dec 19, 2014

I am really in trouble with the girlfriend now...

Was running some errands downtown today, when I noticed that there was a sign at the local used bookstore saying "gold and silver purchased". Thinking that there might be a slim chance that they had gotten a beat-up mechanical watch in by some incident, I went past them on my way home.
    At first the store owner was a bit reluctant, saying that it happened from time to time, but only rarely. I mentioned that I had spotted that he was wearing what looked like a beautiful, vintage Omega himself and after showing me his personal (pretty!) Omega Genève in solid gold, he mentioned that they did have one old watch in recently...
    aaaa.jpg

I'm over the moon :D

Everything except the crown looks great, dial is SHARP, crystal is original, lugs, case and back are looking good... ::love::

I had originally ditched the idea of a gold cap Constellation, prefering either a SS or a solid gold version, but when opportunity knocks, it would be stupid not to answer the door. This specimen was only taken in by the book store as it was on a 14K bracelet (fine links, nearly mesh-like - I think it must have been aftermarket) with a Omega clasp, but I couldn't really afford or justify it. This is my second Omega in 14 hours, so I think I'll stop now and just enjoy Christmas and New Year with the two new additions.

2. ConElPueblo Dec 19, 2014

3. Mothra Dec 19, 2014

When fate sticks a bag over your head, bundles you into a van, drives you down to the river and threatens to blow your kneecaps off, you do what it's asking you to. Feel free to pass my considered opinion to the better half.... nice watch....

ConElPueblo, Pahawi and Northernman like this.
  4. ConElPueblo Dec 21, 2014

I have spent a bit of time researching prices and other information about these pieces, and must say that I'm more than satisfied with the purchase. I need to get it serviced, but even then I'll be in for a fair bit below normal market price for this watch and the condition is lovely. Tomorrow I'm going back to the store to take another look for the 14K bracelet for a fellow forumite, who knows - perhaps it'll be saved from the smelter :)