Omega + Tag Heuer

1. Colin_Usage
     Mar 16, 2012
    Hey all,
    Is Omega affiliated with Tag Heuer? Thoughts on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAG-HEUER-P...istwatches&hash=item231b2f18db#ht_3856wt_1396
    1. 6 Replies
    2. 852 Views
    3. Last post by ulackfocus Mar 16, 2012
  2. ulackfocus
    ulackfocus Dennis @ ΩF - vociferous quartzophobe
     Mar 16, 2012
    No affiliation. Omega is Swatch Group; TAG is LVHM Group.

The word "RARE" on eBay is WAAAAY overused. A black dialed dive watch is about as rare as black rubber tires on a car. :rolleyes:
  3. dsio
    dsio Ash @ ΩF
     Mar 16, 2012
    Same watch sold on WUS for... $275 and I wouldn't even pay that, its a quartz battery powered diver, and he's asking entry level Omega Seamaster 120M Automatic Chronometer money for it.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/tag-heuer-pro-diver-200m-swiss-quartz-wm1112-sold-243972.html
  4. dsio
    dsio Ash @ ΩF
     Mar 16, 2012
    ulackfocus
    ulackfocus said
    No affiliation. Omega is Swatch Group; TAG is LVHM Group.

The word "RARE" on eBay is WAAAAY overused. A black dialed dive watch is about as rare as black rubber tires on a car. :rolleyes:
    You know what's used as much as RARE is "Military" used to describe anything old and shagged out that isn't a dress watch.
  5. ulackfocus
     Mar 16, 2012
    dsio
    dsio said
    You know what's used as much as RARE is "Military" used to describe anything old and shagged out that isn't a dress watch.
    And "art deco" for anything old that isn't described as "Military".

I used to [SARCASM] love [/SARCASM] looking at 30 or 40 consecutive listings for Seamaster DeVilles that were nearly identical which all had RARE in the description or title.
  6. dsio
    dsio Ash @ ΩF
     Mar 16, 2012
    The other good one is the "original dials" and I'm not talking about the ones you and Desmond pick up on with a 0.1mm deviation on the end of the "r" in Seamaster, I'm talking about those watches that look like Michael J Fox redialed them freehand with a crayon. The vintage Ladymatics and De Villes are among the worst in that regard.
  7. ulackfocus
     Mar 16, 2012
    dsio
    dsio said
    The other good one is the "original dials" and I'm not talking about the ones you and Desmond pick up on with a 0.1mm deviation on the end of the "r" in Seamaster, I'm talking about those watches that look like Michael J Fox redialed them freehand with a crayon. The vintage Ladymatics and De Villes are among the worst in that regard.
    See, the word "original" is the problem. The metal disc is the original part that is called the dial. Collectors include the finish in the definition of "original", but technically the listing is correct if the "original" piece of metal is used but refinished. What is semantics to sellers on eBay is a an incorrect description on forums among watch nerds like us.