Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedy MKIII just back from Omega approved service

1. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 30, 2014

Evening all

With the revival of Speedie love on the forums of late I thought I would show this beauty off before it goes to a new home. I bought it back in June from the first owner in Aus, complete with box and original receipt from 1981! thats right sold new back in 1981.

The watch was in reasonable original condition but the case needed some laser welding (only a tiny bit) and a service, keen to try out some of Swatches new Omega approved service network in the UK I took a leap and sent it down to Rocco down at Watchworks in Bristol (who is a master at refinishing these big 70's chunks). Although it took longer than we both and original anticipated I must say the results are out of this world, added to that Rocco replaced the rotor (which was causing some major issues) for free at his cost as he hadn't originally realised the counterweight was off.

Anyway, thumbs up to watchworks (who are Omega accredited) and thumbs up to a great job from Rocco who really had made this a labour of love and no doubt shed some sweet and tears over her

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whats even better is that I had a message from Omega today to say my 105.003-65 may be back from Bienne sooner than I though so I am really really excited now....... watch this space

lando, citizenrich, Emeister and 3 others like this.
  2. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Sep 30, 2014

As always very nice piece...
    is the dial refinished?

What band are you putting on this watch?

3. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 30, 2014

It's on an original Omega ribbed black rally band, the dial is completely original

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Nice one Tom. Mine says hello
    10 Speedy mark 3 front 3 (1024x625).jpg

citizenrich and Dogmann like this.
  5. Dogmann Sep 30, 2014

Tom Dick

Wow that really is a stunningly example and I have seen a lot of Rocco's work on another Forum and if or when I need any case work done on my Omega he will be my first choice.

Marc

6. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Sep 30, 2014

Beautiful.
    I was also previously aware of Rocco's lapping ability and his access to laser welding but didn't know that he was Omega accredited.
    Will use this information as a kick up the backside to get mine winging their way to Bristol.
    I assume he will have access to any necessary replacement parts (subject to them still being available). Mine are in a pretty sorry state.

Would love to see a picture of that rally strap. I've seen them in the old brochures but they're very rarely seen on the forums

Also been waiting for your Bienne results on the 105-003. I'll keep my eye out.

7. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 1, 2014

Hi all

Rocco does do a superb job, as an accredited centre he does have access to all the parts for non obsolete calibre's but be aware that the prices are huge of some of the spares now. I've also got my 125 at STS at the moment which is also having a similar case work done so will be interesting to be able to compare the results.

Speaking with Swatch today so fingers crossed will have the 105-003 to show off really soon

Thanks Tom

8. Otty Oct 2, 2014

nice .... hope it run well for years