Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50

1. legendary_seven Sep 19, 2014

Unfortunately I have been scammed,
    Paid in Full to Steffen Altmann [email protected]

It has been exactly one week since he stopped responding to my emails completely

He told me his phone number is 015110961322
    I haven’t tried calling him

So when I first contacted him and agreed on the sale I requested reference to which he had none, first red flag. So I requested he send me a picture of both the submariner and speedmaster he has listed her with my name next to them and the time adjusted to my request which he did. This gave me comfort thinking that he has the watches and haven’t just stolen the pictures from elsewhere online.

So after many more emails I finally agreed to send him money on the first account he sent me @ Cortal Consors the money bounced back for whatever reason, so he requested I send it to his account in Riga, Latvia. When he realized I was hesitant, he claimed he was on business in Latvia so often that he had an account there. I did not send money to Latvia. He then gave me the third bank account @ Wirecard Bank. I was a still hesitant but unfortunately I fell for it, because I wanted a speedmaster so badly.

Unfortunately I was too foolish.

It’s the first time I get scammed online and I feel so stupid for having faith and trust with just emails and pictures.

I have bought and sold together online over 20 watches ranging from $300 to $3,000 and every deal went smoothly. Then this comes along L

FIRST BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
    Name: Steffen Altmann
    Bank: Cortal Consors
    IBAN: DE13760300800840811291
    SWIFT/BIC: CSDBDE71

His address:
    Fuchsstrasse 13
    79102 Freiburg i. Breisgau
    Germany

Bank address:
    Cortal Consors
    Bahnhofstrasse 55
    90402 Nuernberg

SECOND BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
    Bank: AS Privatbank
    Iban: LV22PRTT0267521763901
    SWIFT: PRTTLV22

Bank address:
    Muitas Str. 1
    1134 Riga

THIRD BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

Name: Steffen Altmann
    Bank: Wirecard Bank
    Iban: DE23512308006702734350
    BIC: WIREDEMM

Bank adress:
    Einsteinring 35
    85609 Aschheim

2. ashleysteadman Sep 19, 2014

There are so many genuine sellers out there who are honest and a pleasure to deal with, these stories make me really sad as it just ruins it for those of us who are happy to buy, sell, and trade our wares with other like-minded watch collectors.

A genuine seller will rarely give you cause to feel uneasy - if you ever get a bad feeling about a deal - walk away!

Be careful out there Omegaphiles!

DLT222 likes this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2014

:(

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Sep 20, 2014

I hate scammers with all my being... I feel sorry for those who were unfortunate to have this happened to... For future reference don't do any deals outside of PayPal without solid references and ask for many layers of proof of ownership such as a photo with todays paper or something.

5. bish789 Sep 20, 2014

Deal with Kring and dablitzer or the other recognised sellers on this forum if possible. I would if I was in the market. Sorry to hear you've been had after going through so many checks with the seller.

6. legendary_seven Sep 20, 2014

From the pictures he sent me the details read as following on the warranty card, I'm providing this info, as he might resurface under another name trying to sell the same watch, here on other forums.

Omega Speedmaster Ref. 3570.50

Watch No: 77010990
    Date 13.6.00

Jeweler: Kulta-Aleksi 50

7. Om-ega Sep 21, 2014

I suspect(going by the image) he has resurfaced again in Timezone as per link : http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6869770&rid=0#msg_6869770 . Have asked for details from the seller before jumping to conclusion.

The address he had give me earlier was :
    Steffen Altmann
    Deichweg 5
    25980 Sylt ,Germany
    Bank account details:
    bank name: Deniz Bank
    Iban: DE46500307004254686550
    Swift/BIC: ESBKDEFF

I did not deal with him in July'14 as he was not interested in PayPal. Attached is the ID card that he had sent as proof since there was no references.
    Thanks to Ashleysteadman advice, I was saved from this fraudster. This is such a breach of faith and we all must do something to hunt them down .

Untitled.png
  8. legendary_seven Sep 21, 2014

Unfortunately it was removed from Timezone forum they should have kept it and made a note that he is a scammer so more people are aware. when I checked the link earlier today it seemed to be the same watch.

If the Admins can lock this thread also she he can't delete it from here

9. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2014

The admins should be able to retrieve the thread no problems. Get in touch with the TZ forums and explain what's happened and post the link to this thread.

10. legendary_seven Sep 21, 2014

as mentioned above the scammer Steffen Altmann is trying to scam others by posting the speedmaster on other watch forums

what is the best way to help raise awareness about this individual who scammed me, the way I see it the more people who are aware of this individual the less likely he can scam others.

Plus is there a way to issue an official complaint to Interpol or such?

11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2014

I would register and post on the main forums like WUS, RolexF watchnet etc.

I'm not sure they will do much but you can try I would start with the German police as he is from there.

12. legendary_seven Sep 21, 2014

13. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2014

I am a member on TZ so i have posted a warning.

14. jopex Sep 21, 2014

I posted the warning on WUS, also on some local watch forums.

15. sxl2004 Sep 21, 2014

Hi,

you should contact the BundesKriminalAmt, they German republic wide police force.
    With a picture of his ID the have a good headstart. If the ID is fake even more interest from them (hopefully.

Joerg

16. phishfromvermont Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, I was going to say...isn't this illegal, i.e. there's enough proof and evidence to arrest this fool.

17. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 21, 2014

Fingers crossed something happens!!

18. Watchguy31-us Sep 21, 2014

I'd second Phish's sentiment. He didn't create an identity and open a shadow bank account to scam one dude on a speedy. It's one of MANY things he's done. That being said, he's most likely operating at a dollar amount just under what the authorities are going to hunt. For those of you that have had you cc info lifted...ever notice how they charge just under 2k?

I turned him in a month or so ago, as he had a Rolex Sub for sale, and he had lifted one of my pictures to sell it. OF pulled his ad down and banned him, but obviously let him back on :(