Omega Speedmaster Moon to Mars

I have owned 7 Omega watches in the past few years. I've sold a few to fund other models. This is 1 of my 4 Omega watches that I own at the moment, the numbered edition Moon to Mars. I love the look of the watch. I know some people look down on this model but I buy what I like, not what others like (well, mostly - my wife's opinion can influence me). I am sometimes tempted to sell it and get a standard moon watch just to have something more true to the original. But if I sell this one I might struggle to find a replacement if I regret the decision. I wish I could own both this and the standard model.

IMG_2202.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2207.jpg
IMG_2208.jpg
IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2215.jpg
IMG_2219.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2347.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg
IMG_4370.jpg

I do think Omega do some lovely limited Editions, although others may disagree. Admittedly you do pay a little extra, but dont you think its worth it ?. Great watch Mike.

Picture 002.jpg

The Moon to Mars is an unusual one due to the rumours about the numbering, if I remember correctly, there was no actual limit to the number (like xxxx/2000) but rather they just numbered them sequentially as demand required and after a period, ended production somewhere in the 1300 range or so (it may have beens slightly higher but not much). Without specifying the last two digits, how high is the number of yours (like 9xx 12xx etc).

I think your watch and the standard moonwatch are different enough to own both. Besides, there are guys with dozens of Speedies that have only minute changes.

I wish I had the money to own this and the standard. But that's not me. There are other numerous other similarly priced watches that I would choose before owning 2 versions of Speedy.

Yes, it's a numbered edition but not limited edition. I'm out of town so I can't check to exact number of mine but it is in the 32xx range. I guess that means more than 3000 were made, assuming that Omega numbered them sequentially starting from 0001.

It may be a while before humans finally set foot on the surface of Mars, but two things you can be assured of:

• One day it will happen.
  • When it does, the Omega Speedmaster Professional will still be in production, even if it takes another 50 years.

The Moon to Mars does not represent humans setting foot on Mars. It celebrates NASA adding Mars as a destination for exploration. NASA has sent flyby probes, orbiting probes, and has landed robots on the surface. Humans will follow later.

The Speedmaster Moonwatch and the speedmaster Mars watch. Now that would be a nice collection, hope i'm around long enough to see it ?.
NASA aims to put a man on Mars by 2037.

By then there will be an Alpha Centauri Limited Edition Speedmaster 😗

That doesn't sound so silly.. after all they do have a Limited Edition Snoopy watch !!. 😁

I'd still take a flying Panda over the Snoopy 😀

Talking about outer space the flying Panda is definitely 'out there' !.

Talking about outer space the flying Panda is definitely 'out there' !.

Yep, it does seem to be from another planet. 😜

Hehe this is an old thread. But I like the M2M, so free bump.

Hehe this is an old thread. But I like the M2M, so free bump.
I thought he wanted to sell it 😡 Meanwhile post is from 2011

By the way as per MWO book there are more than 6000 of these in the wild

Don't sell it..it's a very nice watch and yes it will rise his value when we'll reach Mars..😀

Don't sell it..it's a very nice watch and yes it will rise his value when we'll reach Mars..😀
I hope it hasn't taken OP 6 years to make up his mind...