Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Holy Grail 376.0822 - Mint !

1. Littleroger Aug 12, 2012

Hi all,

Well I have been telling you all for a while that I was going to put this up for sale, and now it's time. As many of you know, I "inherited" a large collection of watches from my father-in-law earlier in the year. He collected around 140 watches between 1974 and 2002, buying most in the years 1984-88. He bought them and put them in his safe! I have had to sell of a fair few of them in the past months (and, yes, I have kept quite a few for myself) and around 80 are being auctioned off at Bonham's Knightsbridge, London on November 14th. Of course, these watches are either NOS or mint, depending on your definition.

This Holy Grail , of course, needs little introduction and I will keep it short. It was only produced in 1987 in limited numbers of somewhere between 800 and 2000. It is the only automatic movement in a full-size moonwatch case and sports the day and date, here in German. It is needless to say a highly sought-after watch. Just google or ask here on the forum if you need more info, but most readers will know what this is. Movement cal 1045.

About this one. It was bought on 14th September 1988 in Cologne, Germany. The original receipt is included in the sale. It also comes with the original box and strap. The watch was unworn by the original purchaser but I have worn it on a handful of occasions. It can therefore absolutely be described as MINT with only small microscratches. I have refrained from using cape cod on them, as the new owner may wish to do this him/herself. It keeps good time, currently approx. +3 seconds per day.

SO - if you are looking for a Holy Grail in near perfect condition, something which is becoming increasingly difficult, look no further. This is it.

Price: I am looking for €6000 ono at the end of the day, which is good for you all at the moment, as the Euro is really low! That means, the buyer pays for the shipping method of choice. Payment by international bank transfer. The watch is located with me in Germany. I will send it however the buyer wishes after payment has been received.

I would love this one to go to a good home, which is why I haven't included it in the Bonham's auction. Maybe someone here? ;-) Contact me if you wish for more photos or information.

Thanks for looking.
    Roger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Etp095 and Trev like this.
  2. Littleroger Aug 12, 2012

And I also have the original guarantee booklet :)

[​IMG]

Etp095 likes this.
  3. Littleroger Aug 15, 2012

Anyone interested? I have this one advertised on a site here in Germany too, so let's not wait too long. No offers?

4. czr1rq Aug 27, 2012

hello, is the watch still available?

5. Littleroger Aug 27, 2012

Still available. Several interested parties though .....

6. Littleroger Aug 28, 2012

I have now been asked this several times so here for all to see.

FedEx to the east coast USA is €180 fully insured, which I will pay, all things being equal.
    Payment by International Bank Transfer.

Tx
    Roger

7. Littleroger Aug 29, 2012

On Hold

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 29, 2012

Forum member buying or elsewhere? :D

BenBagbag likes this.
  9. Littleroger Aug 30, 2012

SOLD

There were several members here who enquired and I was just about to sell to one (sorry again to the person involved - unfortunate timing) but it had sold on another website before we could finish the deal. Tx to the forum for letting me advertise here.
    R