Forums Latest Members

WTB Omega Seamaster Automatic ref 166.067 Dial cal 565

1. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 21, 2014

As an relatively active collector it is strange to think that the man who gave me my first Omega almost 40 years ago, my maternal grandfather, passed away a couple of months ago.
    The only physical item I have gotten to remember him by is a ref 166.067 Omega Seamaster Automatic.
    At some point in time this watch, which I know he wore very often, has had some water damage.
    The dial remains original but damaged to a point that I can not accept.
    Now, normally this is not a project I would wander into, but with a proper dial I would have a heirloom piece that I would actually like wearing on the odd occasion.
    I am looking for a dial with either a silver or golden face, gold indexes with black inserts. Cal 565 implies central seconds and date at 3.
    Pictures below are not my watch (unfortunately).
    I am guessing/hoping that out there several 565 movements have been used for Watchco SM300s or similar, and that there might just be a dial in decent condition left over somewhere.
    :whistling:
    496.227f.jpg

2. Northernman Lemaniac Dec 29, 2014

Monday bump. Any advice or possible contacts that may be sitting on some melt or SM300 kit leftovers appreciated. I am in no rush but would very much like to have this one brought back to former glory.

3. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 3, 2015

Next Christmas is far away but I promise to tell Santa if someone has one for sale or a pointer to someone that does. :whistling:

4. marturx Jan 4, 2015

Strange. I have such a watch, that has donated its movement...

Sadly the dial is not in the condition you may require....

Seamaster-tavla.jpg

I guess that with perfect dial, the watch would have remained intact, though

Edited Jan 4, 2015
    Northernman likes this.
  5. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 4, 2015

Thanks! I will PM you tomorrow. Maybe a candidate for a dial clean/restoration attempt - not redial!?

Other candidates?

6. Mothra Jan 4, 2015

It'd be fascinating to see you try to restore - but id be guessing that dial damage is beneath the lacquer and beyond anything but a redial....

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 4, 2015

Nicotine?
    A possibility perhaps?

8. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 4, 2015

No decision or agreement made. Not much to loose trying?
    I would rather pay good money for a good dial but seems that is not an option so far.
    Been searching the bay and some other sites for a while but not much has surfaced.

9. marturx Jan 23, 2015

Anders. If you want it, I can send you the dial for free, to experiment on

Darlinboy likes this.
  10. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 23, 2015

Hi Martin,

That is a very generous offer:)! I would happily accept that. ::psy::

Whatever way I go with that project it will be beneficial to have an extra dial.... I am getting so desperate I might even consider to have one dial restored:eek:. Betghe in Germany has been recommended to me in order to restore these dials. Rumour has it their results on the starburst brushed Omega dials are magnificent.

I will PM you with details later in the weekend.

Cheers
    Anders